Confederate flag rally results in fender bender

Pretty sure one follows from the other.

6 Likes

10 Likes

So were there 3 trucks or 2 that got hit? Are we looking at $40 or $60 in damages?

2 Likes

Ask these guys

They have experience in such matters:

11 Likes

Here is the worlds tiniest violin fiddle. :violin:

6 Likes

Their money is no good here.

16 Likes

The day you can’t have fun with thermite is the day I die, probably in some painful but highly telegenic pyrotechnic display.

4 Likes

Okay, I’ll reconsider my position on red light cameras.

2 Likes

This, I believe, is at least a year old.

1 Like

I started wondering about five yeras ago: Are they going to boycott & delete “The Dukes of Hazzard” because of the flag top of the car ?

Lets quit using any US money showing a slave owner… It’ll all be forgotten in a few months

Here’s the difference: George Washington and Thomas Jefferson had problematic traits but we don’t celebrate them BECAUSE they were slave owners.

The cause that flag was created to stand for existed for the SOLE PURPOSE of defending the practice of slavery. The Confederacy had zero major grudges with the Union that did not relate directly or indirectly to slavery. The Confederate Constitution specifically forbade member states from advocating the repeal of slavery. The entire cause is a stain on our national history. With all due respect to kitschy 80s TV shows about rednecks who drive Dodge Chargers, that flag does not stand for anything worthy of celebration.

29 Likes

cough … And dumbazz rednecks don’t know any better either…

History is History: Going back about 120 years, the relatives I’ve never known were either DRUNK Irish or FAMINE & NAZI German…

MY story is crappy, but it’s also REAL, and shouldn’t be “swept under the rug” for the sake of pacifying some politically correct kid…

1 Like

And if you flew a Nazi flag out of pride for your heritage I’d assume you were a bigoted asshole too.

No one is asking that we sweep history under the rug. I don’t think the Third Reich or the Confederacy should be forgotten, but their flags belong in museums where they can be remembered in their proper context (which is pretty F-ing horrible, BTW). I don’t think it should necessarily be illegal to fly either flag from your pickup truck, but if you do then you should accept the fact that you’re broadcasting a message of hateful bigotry and the world will judge you accordingly.

32 Likes

Exactly ! ! ! . . . I think we’re agreeing ! . . . . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Then I don’t know what you’re getting at. I’ve never heard a single person suggest that the history of the Confederacy shouldn’t be taught in museums, just that their flag shouldn’t be proudly displayed over state property.

16 Likes

Oh, I wasn’t saying thermite wouldn’t be fun - just that any laser big enough to do the job would be really cool as well. (Unfortunately, Livermore Labs doesn’t let random people stop in and borrow their giant lasers, or the 5-story-tall magnet.)

I’m not preaching that all the stuff that’s “taboo” to “today’s” kids be exterminated. I’m just seeing tooooo many things on the local news (which of course; has at least a white, black, asian, hispanic, & gay broadcaster) every night where they’re just trying to obliterate anything that’s not “Politically Correct”:

I live in Washington, D.C. ~~~ not a single (local) morning, evening, or nightly news episode can be considered “complete” w/out something about protester(s) of just about ANY topic…

My father was born in Texas, and while he was growing up they also lived in Colorado, Kansas, and maybe Oklahoma. He had to relearn the history of the War Between The States a few times, because they only learned the politically correct yee-haw version in Texas.

5 Likes

I’m not preaching that all the stuff that’s “taboo” to “today’s” kids be exterminated. I’m just seeing tooooo many things on the local news (which of course; has at least a white, black, asian, hispanic, & gay broadcaster) every night where they’re just trying to obliterate anything that’s not “Politically Correct”:

I live in Washington, D.C. ~~~ not a single (local) morning, evening, or nightly news episode can be considered “complete” w/out something about protester(s) of just about ANY topic…

I have more rural, redneck, poor, German, bigoted cred in my family than you ever will, child. That shit was stupid 50, 100, and 150 years ago, but criticising that stupid shit is not done by the lower classes if you want a job and family ties. You’re worried about walkers on the street and… not being the face of the voice of your classroom… (such that all the tiresome lower orders don’t disturb your upward arc)… and the dipshit bigots are your people how? Who the fuck do you think you are?

Someone upset that it’s not about you?

What’s politically correct, again, liebchen?

Have fun stormin’ the meadow.

8 Likes

Ummm, OUCH

Remind me not to stop and help you on the side of the road w/ a flat! …

You’ll blame me for your bad tire.