Confused Lt. Gov. of Georgia left without voting when he saw Herschel was on ballot

this guy really has his finger on the pulse of civic duty!
(especially for being a politician himself!)
but I like how you said it too!

interestingly enough, I searched if Lieutenant Governors are elected and came across the word of the day: Sinecure

6 Likes

I’d much rather a Republican with SOME scruples stay home/write in/don’t vote for Walker than just gritting their teeth and chomping into the shit sandwich and vote for him.

Sad thing is, had they got anyone else who had just a base level of political prowess, they might have gotten away with it. :confused:

3 Likes

From what my friend in Atlanta has told me, the only way you wouldn’t know about the runoff election and who’s in it is if you’ve been in a coma for much of 2022 and just woke up at the ballot box.

This is performative for his own party members to make it clear he wasn’t voting democrat either.

11 Likes

Surprised to learn that they have walk-in ballot boxes in the Peach State. Seems kinda fraud-friendly.

1 Like

Oh, wait, the GQP doesn’t like Disney now because Disney has broadened their definition of consumer family.

edit: grammar

7 Likes

Guess Republicans can’t always be wrong. I wouldn’t vote for somebody who owes me money.

1 Like

On everything that matters to their base, they win no matter what. Voters have the illusion of control, but we are never ever voting away this cancerous insurance industry that is killing us, or this quarterly profits driven financial model that rewards sociopathically short-term thinking above all else, or the fully legalized corruption of our system. They pass the bribes over the table.

GIF by Marvel's Cloak & Dagger

(Credit to @Melizmatic)

12 Likes

I don’t know what your point is. You think I don’t vote? Or you think I’m not an American? I’m definitely not a Democrat, is that really your first affiliation?

Perhaps he had completely forgotten that he had already voted by mail… for Herschel.

3 Likes

As always, if voting didn’t matter, if it was just a dumbshow, the Republicans wouldn’t be working so hard to ensure people can’t or won’t vote.

12 Likes

Just that you should probably speak for yourself rather than including others in your cynical, defeatist worldview.

Enjoy Your Day GIF by Travis

12 Likes

Let’s all just give up now. Clearly, it’s pointless.
Our future is the same as our sad, meaningless past.
Praise Ennui, god of despair!

Does anyone feel the need for a /s?

13 Likes

Yep, Duke; ya nailed it.

Go ahead and be defeatist and pessimistic if that’s what sinks your boat, but don’t go trying to drag others down into your whirlpool of despair with you.

13 Likes

Yes, because nothing has ever changed thanks to ordinary people pushing for change, in the history of everything… /s

Did he say that?

Pop Tv Yes GIF by Schitt's Creek

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF by CBS

17 Likes

Well, only a blue dog would question such a brilliant both-sides, we’re all doomed post! /s

Be Quiet Blues Clues GIF

15 Likes

Afraid so. Definitely not a Democrat.

Not judging mind, course not.

(I’m running out of /s’s)

10 Likes

Unpossible! There is an endless supply from our magical sarcasm fountain!

stanley cup ovechkin GIF

8 Likes

There is certainly a deeply racist, ignorant, easily swayed “base” in the GOP. For the last few decades the GOP has explored just how unpopular a series of policies they can promulgate by appealing to that base rather than to the “swing” voter in the middle-ish. My hope, and there is some justification for this, is that they have reached the limits of just how terrible that they can be and still get away with this strategy. The Lt. Governor’s no vote might be an example of this, or it might be a racism that so deep that he refused to vote for a black man.

But people not voting is a BIG part of how Trump got elected in 2016. Remember that he got MORE votes in 2020 than in 2016. When more people turned out to vote, he was voted out. The system that we have is objectively not very representative, but it’s the system that we have. When decent people throw up their hands in disgust, the assholes win. Vote as if lives depended on it, because they DO.

13 Likes

This is perfect. He owns both himself and his political party. And he’s the Lt. Governor.

Stood in line for an hour
Acted surprised at his choice of candidates
Could not bring himself to vote for his party’s candidate
Went home without actually casting a ballot
Says all of that on national TV as an elected officeholder

4 Likes