Confused Lt. Gov. of Georgia left without voting when he saw Herschel was on ballot

I assume he is referring to being indecisive here. It sounds like he means that he had resolved to vote, but couldn’t bring himself to do it.

2 Likes

You’re talking about Republican politicians and their funders. They are the toxic and illegal corruption eating away at our country. The average Republican voter is voting against their own interests when they vote straight Republican tickets. They don’t realize what suckers they are.

13 Likes

Thank you @Mindysan33

4 Likes

“I was trying to vote for the white guy”

9 Likes

What are the chances that he perhaps, you know, LIED and voted R anyway.

5 Likes

True, but he could have voted D and lied, too. In fact, it would be better for him to lie about that, then to lie for voting for R.

7 Likes

Can’t it be verified whether or not he voted? Isn’t that public record?

2 Likes

I don’t know. Georgia is still in the early voting phase though so I presume nothing is public yet (I have no idea).

4 Likes

In some places, if you know the person’s name and birth date, you can check to see if they voted as soon as their vote is confirmed.

6 Likes

In some places, if you know the person’s name and birth date, you can check to see if they voted as soon as their vote is confirmed.

Interesting. Do you have to actually submit a ballot? In Australia, voting is compulsory and you have to either vote early or show up to the polling station (barring exceptions, e.g. religious prohibition on voting). You don’t actually have to vote, and can walk out the moment your name is marked as having attended.

2 Likes

In order for someone to have a confirmed vote, they have to have submitted a ballot eve if it’s blank. So, yes, they won’t show up as having voted unless they submit a ballot and their signature matches (triggering confirmation).

I live in a vote-by-mail only state, so there is no real in-person voting. You can vote in person, but that just means requesting the usual mail-in ballot and filling it out and dropping it in the drop box. It’s not like we have voting machines or voting booths.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.