Warnock's latest campaign ad is just Georgians reacting to what Herschel Walker says

Originally published at: Warnock's latest campaign ad is just Georgians reacting to what Herschel Walker says | Boing Boing

10 Likes

CTE is real. It’s VERY real.

20 Likes

I know that Warnock – being the decent human being he is – has tried to take the high road in regard to the obviously addle-brained nature of his opponent. Still, I’m glad he took the gloves off here. The stakes are too high.

As opposed to CRT in K-12 schools, which is a figment of febrile imaginations that also brought us “Herschel Walker for U.S. Senator”.

15 Likes

What disappoints me is that these Georgia voters had not heard those ramblings until somebody sat them down and put headphones on their heads.

11 Likes

That’s because we have very close silos around our media… While those of us who get their news from somewhere other than Fox had heard it, people who refuse to listen to anything but Fox would not have heard it. :woman_shrugging:

18 Likes

Well one guy said he had seen clips on Twitter before and said, “What is this guy talking about?” (or something to that effect.)

9 Likes

In the end, this whole thing looks like the GOP is gleefully exploiting a mentally disabled person because they think it might get them a senate seat. It’s disgusting.

9 Likes

Well, we aren’t really allowed to diagnose mental disabilities on here. So maybe not mentally disabled.

But certainly mentally disadvantaged and cognitively vulnerable.

(Just a plain ole dumbass fuckwit.)

12 Likes

Sure it’s embarrassing.

But after four years of Trump can the GOP still be embarrassed about anything?

Walker could poop his pants on stage in front of a thousand people and they’ll say he’s just making an incisive comment about the estate tax.

15 Likes

I’d rather just watch the ad than have the talking heads explain it to me. But I can’t find it online.

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t really feel any need to armchair diagnose someone this astonishingly stupid. He’s clearly enough in charge of his faculties to maintain a campaign schedule and I have a feeling that if you look at interviews from his youth, he’s not exactly going to be quoting Stephen Hawking. The GQP has decided that they’re ok with immoral and stupid as long as they can notch a win and hurt people who don’t look like them.

10 Likes

Then skip the first 48 seconds of the above YouTube video. Here you go:

16 Likes

Early voting started today; it’s open 9-5 until Friday.

I was in line at 9:15 and was the 113th voter in the site (one of only 6 sites in our coastal county). It took an hour to get to the polls. I suspect it’ll be busy all week.

I’m hopeful about the outcome, but was surrounded by conservatives; the woman next to me kept repeating that we need to “get back to God” and that “teachers shouldn’t be allowed to display rainbows” because her son tried being a substitute teacher for a month, before becoming a firefighter. I talked to her about the real-world outcomes of forcing trans people into the shadows, and how it affects families. She said she’d pray on it. :person_shrugging:

21 Likes

If her position was that we need to get “back to God,” you should have asked about her position on Vampires and Werewolves.

15 Likes

And her position on the Rev. Raphael Warnock.

13 Likes

I pondered if I should press further, but (considering my surroundings) I decided not to get snarky or directly political, and settled on trying to wrap a few heads around trans issues instead of getting freaked out by rainbows, FFS.

17 Likes

Then she’s most certainly voting for the candidate who is a preacher, right? Right!?! /s

19 Likes

Good on you for engaging the bigots in your midst! Sorry that you’re dealing with bigots in your midst.

18 Likes

You know the drill; fight from within. Whew.

15 Likes

Yeah… I know it’s tiring… I’m lucky to live in a pretty blue part of our great state (just outside ATL). But I grew up in what is now MTG’s district, so I feel ya! Honestly, it’s sane people living out in the more conservative parts of our state that are having to do the heavy lifting here. I appreciate you guys for doing that.

15 Likes