Congressperson Boebert refused to quit vaping near a pregnant woman

Originally published at: Congressperson Boebert refused to quit vaping near a pregnant woman | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Mad See Ya GIF by Bounce

9 Likes

Despite the presence of a pregnant person, who vapes in a theater in the middle of a performance or at all? Go the fuck outside to get your nicotine (or whatever) fix. Or is this a Colorado thing?

20 Likes

The “pro-baby” party.

24 Likes

i was happy before you sat down and made me inhale your backwash. coincidence?

i have never been, and i can guarantee it is not

16 Likes

I was just in the middle of writing this. It’s a detail that hasn’t gotten near the degree of incredulity it deserves. WHO VAPES THROUGH A THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE?! And through the whole first act?

Even back in the heyday of public smoking, I don’t anyone lit up while sitting in the audience. Right? They’d wait to go to the lobby or bar or restroom, no?

I bet even cowboys in saloons waited until the showgirl was done before lighting up their cheroots.

18 Likes

The baby should have lifted itself up by its bootstraps and smacked the vape pen out of her stupid mouth.

13 Likes

I’m surprised she didn’t start waving around the loaded pistol in her purse.

13 Likes

‘Boebert’s office claims she is a patron of the arts.’

So were the Borgias - but they at least had some class.

12 Likes

Or flash any minors to show off her tattoos.

Or is this a Colorado thing?

No, or the other Coloradans in the theater would just have ignored her.

3 Likes

I don’t know about this kind of theater, but movie theater seats used to have built in ashtrays. People would absolutely smoke during the movie. I assume the same for theater.

9 Likes

I understand now why Ted Cruz was interested.

Peas in a pod. Festering boils on the ass of humanity.

4 Likes

gigantic jerk

Remarkable restraint there @jlw

4 Likes

And immediately after this happened, Politico ran a loving puff-piece on how she’s reformed and not acting like a huge MAGA jerk while in Colorado.

4 Likes

I have a vague recollection of that, now that you mention it. It kind of makes sense, since you used to be able to go to a movie and sit there all day. In a live performance venue, though, I can’t say for sure but I really don’t think so.

4 Likes

I remember the good (?) ol’ (?) days when the hypocrisy didn’t start until after birth.

6 Likes

Forty years ago.

8 Likes

No. Maybe in the 90s that was true, but before that people just lit up everywhere. Grocery store, theater, driving, restaurants, etc

Hell I remember the first flight I ever took to Toronto the plane was older and had metal ash trays in the arm rest (though at that point, smoking was not allowed.)

Anyway - stay classy, Boebert. This wasn’t an “oops, my bad, didn’t know”. Everyone knows you can’t vape in a theater, and they make announcements at the start of every show saying not photos or video is allowed. The shows can get licenses pulled for unauthorized video recording (at least that was what I was told about my kiddos productions.) I get a feeling she was always an entitled jerk, but being a Representative has probably made that 10x worse.

13 Likes

Yes, the person I replied to specifically referred to the “heyday of public smoking,” which would put it 40+ years ago.

My first flight was a transatlantic flight from Houston to Amsterdam. This would have been in May 1990. Smoking had just recently been banned on domestic flights, but it was still allowed on international flights. Plus, KLM had free alcoholic drinks on those transatlantic flights. That was basically 12 hours in a flying nightclub.

10 Likes

“Pro-life”

4 Likes