Conservative PAC, tied to anti-vaccine misinformation, spent $7 million on a RFK Jr. Super Bowl ad

Just occurred to me that it’s nostalgia for someone they (boomers) undoubtedly remember, but couldn’t have voted for, anyway, as they’d have been too young. Although after that, some boomers would be old enough to have voted for Goldwater. It’s not like Kennedy was universally loved, but presumably anyone still around to remember thinks of it as “the good ol’ days” anyway.

1 Like

The oldest boomers would have been about 14 in 1960, so you’re right about that. There are still some “Silent Generation” folks around who could have. I was thinking that maybe Biden had voted for Kennedy in 1960 but even he would have been too young since the voting age in his state was 21 back then.

5 Likes

Approximately no one, just like the candidate.

1 Like

Again, did ya miss that I was making a joke… :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Frustrated Fuck My Life GIF

6 Likes

Don’t forget the Scientology ad that also ran last night. Jeez, that one really creeped me out. It came across like an ad for the Apple Store. Like…CBS didn’t have to accept everyone who wanted an ad, did they?

5 Likes

Aka, Late Stage Capitalism.

8 Likes

They usually don’t buy actual Super Bowl ads, just local slots in their main concentrations.

5 Likes

Ah. I’m in the NY market.

6 Likes

People who vote on name recognition only. Where the name Kennedy may have a slightly stronger pull than Democrat or Biden does. People with no actual policy knowledge or care.

2 Likes

Saw it in the Northwet, too.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.