Former Salon editor admits "shameful role" in publishing RFK Jr.'s "mendacious, error-ridden" article on vaccines

Originally published at: Former Salon editor admits "shameful role" in publishing RFK Jr.'s "mendacious, error-ridden" article on vaccines | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I’m glad she acknowledges the role name-recognition played in giving this charlatan and conspiracist the umpteenth free pass he received in his life. Reading between the lines, one of the conclusions I draw is that we shouldn’t expect a similar confession and apology from Jann Wenner.

If not for his name and the sense of dynastic entitlement that came with it, RFK Jr might have had a distinguished career as a defender of the natural environment and its stewards. Instead he’ll be remembered as a serial liar, a snake-oil salesman, and as one of Putin’s most prominent Useful Idiots.

13 Likes

To quote someone on Twitter, RFK Jr’s campaign is a Steve Bannon ratfucking op.

7 Likes

If RFK Jr. ends up stealing votes away from another candidate, it sure as hell won’t be Biden.

4 Likes

I hope that you’re right.

7 Likes

Kennedy, Trump, Johnson - the media keep giving credibility to outrageous, sensationalist loudmouths who are systematic liars and dangerous to democracy - but terrific for ratings.

5 Likes

I’d like to think you’re right, but I’ve already seen people touting his environmental record as a reason to support him over Biden. Now, the people I’m thinking of were completely driven away by his anti-vax stuff, but there is definitely a market for stronger environmental policies among people willing to look the other way (or even in favor of) when it comes to that.

Wouldn’t that be lovely.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.