Conservatives push fake photoshopped headlines, knowing that few will check

Originally published at: Conservatives push fake photoshopped headlines, knowing that few will check | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I’m not sure I can believe you when you say Dinesh “2000 Mules” D’Souza is spreading misinformation…

18 Likes

Convicted Felon Distorts D’Trutha pushing lies? What a shock!

10 Likes
  1. Tell everyone the real news is fake.
  2. Start promoting fake news as real.
  3. Win elections

The GQP way.

15 Likes

Quick, someone tell Dinesh D’Souza that the radical left removed the word “Gullible” from the dictionary.

9 Likes

I recently read this article, which is from 2012 and is nominally about Mitt Romney, but is really about how the whole conservative movement is a con, and how lying is the way you signal to the public that you are a true conservative. It closes with this:

Closing the sale, after all, is mainly a question of riding out the lie: showing that you have the skill and the stones to just brazen it out, and the savvy to ratchet up the stakes higher and higher. Sneering at, or ignoring, your earnest high-minded mandarin gatekeepers—“we’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers,” as one Romney aide put it—is another part of closing the deal. For years now, the story in the mainstream political press has been Romney’s difficulty in convincing conservatives, finally, that he is truly one of them. For these elites, his lying—so dismaying to the opinion-makers at the New York Times , who act like this is something new—is how he has pulled it off once and for all. And at the grassroots, his fluidity with their preferred fables helps them forget why they never trusted the guy in the first place.

12 Likes

I think I follow the account that created that image. They really nailed The Atlantic’s tone.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.