Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones agrees to liquidate Infowars

Turn it into a fact-checking site. Target #1: Infowars.

1 Like

At which point Patrician Vetinari appoints “asks” ■■■■■ von Lipwig and Inspector A E Pessimal the joint task of detangling Jones’s finances? He certainly doesn’t need it, but I approve of that plan!

4 Likes

Does he have a warehouse full of roids and survival diet crap?

2 Likes

I didn’t mean to suggest they were involved in editorial, more that they are surely having a more interesting time at Infowars than they would, say, managing what’s left of a failed rural bank or Arby’s franchise.

7 Likes

That would maybe be an ideal scenario, as all the money-making parts of Gawker were fine, and sold to univision for $140m or thereabouts, and only the troublesome part of it went dark.

A problem is that the money-making parts of Infowars are scams and grifts.

10 Likes

With clerks spreading and grouping documents on the ballroom floor.

4 Likes
2 Likes

He’ll never pay off that debt. But hopefully; the families will keep him dirt poor for the rest of his life.

Start another company? They’ll take that too.

Get a gig on Newsmax? They’ll garnish your salary.

17 Likes

6 Likes

I believe it was LegalEagle who explained it like this:

Jones sold more supplements when he lied about Sandy Hook. So he had a big financial incentive to repeat those lies over and over and acrue a billion dollars worth of liability…

13 Likes

IDK why, but when I first saw the headline on this story I thought it read “Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones agrees to liquidate followers.”

6 Likes

Life Select is made of people!

7 Likes
5 Likes

Life goes on. Featuring: Ted Nugent on acoustic guitar, Viktor Bout on bombs and Roger Stone praying.

2 Likes

Not Doing That No Way GIF by CBC

3 Likes

You gotta love that he does this schtick while wearing his Rolex Submariner. Good lord, people are rubes.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.