Conspiracy theorist David Icke banned from Twitter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/03/conspiracy-theorist-david-icke-banned-from-twitter.html

6 Likes

You know he looks a bit like a Lizard himself.

9 Likes

Question: why do nuts that go on about lizard people always look like they could be a lizard wearing human skin?

7 Likes

We need a more appropriate term than “conspiracy theorist,” which makes loons like Icke sound like scholarly academics. “Conspiracy whack job” might be too much, and “conspiracy pareidoliaist” too obscure. Perhaps “conspiracy fondler”?

8 Likes

Classic projection? :thinking:

4 Likes

Conspiracy theorist David Icke banned from Twitter

That’s what they want him to think.

7 Likes

At any mention of David Icke, in whatever context, I always end up watching this.

Great to hear he’s been banned from Twitter.

7 Likes

He was only 17 yrs early on the death of Saddam Hussein. Mind you maybe it was one of Saddam’s doubles and he just got it mixed up in the ether.

1 Like

Lizard Fetishist.

4 Likes

It’s a shame it took them so long.
At least that means one less antisemitic propagandist on Twitter.

5 Likes

Seriously, he does. Looks like he’s been put through the wringer.

Can I make a request in the event that Icke becomes the subject of another headline, that instead of calling him " Conspiracy theorist David Icke", that instead he be titled “ex-Hereford United goalkeeper David Icke”, on the basis that at least that was a real achievement in his life. It’s all been downhill from there.

6 Likes

Because once they convinced everyone lizard people rule, they could convince people that they those lizard people, so that people let them rule?

Have a cookie, Twitter. What a bold move. /s

3 Likes

Dude has been promoting antisemitism for years. What took them so long?

6 Likes

Antisemite works. That’s what he is.

7 Likes

True, and Antisemite inevitably includes conspiracy theorist.

1 Like

I’m just a little sick of people downplaying the threat they pose, given that conspiracy theories that cloak their hatred of the other in just enough plausible deniablity is taking us all back to a world before the 20th century. I mean, losing my rights because people don’t take them seriously fucking matters to me. I know it’s more popular and satisfying to call them nutjobs and sneer at them, but they have done real damage to the world, possibly irreparable harm. It’s time to call them out for what they are instead of letting them dictate terms. It benefits them to be called conspiracy theorists, because it hides their real agenda, a white supremacist world.

11 Likes

I’m all for using descriptive terms – antisemite, racist or misogynist – and I don’t think we should give credit to their ramblings by referring to them as “theories” either.

1 Like

No, but if we treat it like a joke, and laugh about it instead of working to counter it, we let them win. Call them what they are, each and every time. Take the power that these conspiracy theories have seriously.

9 Likes