Contestants from the upcoming Squid Game reality show claim the experience was inhumane

Originally published at: Contestants from the upcoming Squid Game reality show claim the experience was inhumane | Boing Boing

4 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

29 Likes

some of the contestants for the upcoming Squid Game reality show have claimed the game was rigged and inhumane.

And here I was expecting a fair and humane Squid Game contest. Disappointed!

26 Likes

Finally, someone makes a spinoff that’s faithful to the source material, and all people do is complain.

45 Likes

Something something Torment Nexus

16 Likes

Did they not watch the show?

21 Likes

b80

Yes, and…?

11 Likes

Would it have garnered more audience (advertising revenue) if they declared “ey, they treated us fairly well”? That is, a hyper suspicious person could think that setting up a horror ‘reality’ show with validation might just attract more eye-balls …or not.

8 Likes

They said Squid GAME, not Squid GIRL! :wink:

13 Likes

But did they DIE?

16 Likes

When Netflix launched its global phenomenon series Squid Game , millions of viewers all had the same question: “how would I do in a real-life version of the contest?”

No. Nope. I NEVER asked myself that question! :scream:

18 Likes

car sensor GIF

11 Likes

I guess that explains how that one old dude made it into the semifinals.

8 Likes

Whether or not he remains likely depends on the outcome of this (ETA: this article contains spoilers):

9 Likes

It didn’t seem likely they were going to need him for season two anyway given how the first season wrapped up?

7 Likes

True. Still, I never discount the possibility of flashbacks. :woman_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

There you go. Not even life-threatening. Buncha snowflakes.

11 Likes

Eh, consider how easy kids games and playgrounds are now. :woman_shrugging:t4: Not at all scary and dangerous like back in the day.

falling down seesaw GIF by Team Coco

Ok, we had asphalt and concrete - not grass. Good times. :face_with_head_bandage:

10 Likes

select competitors, who remained anonymous, have called out the Netflix reality game show, based on the streaming service’s original South Korean series, for being “inhumane” and "rigged.

UH - didn’t they see the show?

No - but seriously - you can’t be having a show that actually causes injury to the contestants.

7 Likes

My initial instinct was that the whole thing seemed dumb and awful, I guess I wasn’t wrong. Though I’m still kind of rolling me eyes about complaints that it was dangerous and inhumane, given what it’s ostensibly based on…

Uhh, it’s “red light, green light” - how dangerous could it be (given they weren’t actually being shot at)? I’m assuming the injury was essentially self-inflicted.

That rules out any show that requires anything remotely resembling athleticism, though…

8 Likes