Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

18 Likes

Added to the glossary

13 Likes

this blows my mind. if it weren’t for the fact they just attempted a coup, this would be the top news item.

not only did they lie about the reserves, they’ve pushed states to go through what they have as quickly as possible.

it sounds like that means - if i understand correctly - we all could be left with no vaccine, or severely limited, for the first many weeks of the biden administration

what will people do if there are no second doses?

21 Likes

Maybe why trump hunches over so often is because the nuke football carrier keeps kicking him in the nuts.

8 Likes

Nobody really knows what happens if a person only gets one dose or if the second dose is delayed. Plenty of irresponsible, in my opinion, speculation.

Above and beyond the lying, this means that the vaccine rollout disaster under Trump was actually exactly twice as bad as we thought.

15 Likes

The censure resolution condemns Flake’s and McCain’s endorsement of President-elect Joe Biden in the presidential race, as well as Ducey’s response to the state’s coronavirus outbreak. A censure is a formal statement of disapproval by the party.

The state GOP is voting to “dissolve any connections” to Flake and McCain, and to demand that Ducey “immediately rescind all executive orders and directives issued under this faux state of emergency,” according to KPNX.

8 Likes

Wait, they are pissed because he is doing too much to deal with Covid? Are they serious? What fucking assholes!!

23 Likes

Oh, ffs. Lots of healing going on, right?

13 Likes

The Oregon governor is on the radio being very angry about this

18 Likes

No hell hot enough.

and soon to be Republican talking points.

15 Likes
18 Likes

AZ vaccination: priority for iPhone users

18 Likes
20 Likes

I’ve yet to see any indication at work that we are slowing down vaccinations. That said, it relies on “we are getting next week” numbers. My fingers crossed that the specificity of the numbers means they exist and are allotted. Granted, if they can lie, they can lie on the specifics.

8 Likes

When I read the headline, I thought it was unusually rational for them to want to censure Ducey for his unbelievably bad handling of Covid-19. Sadly, I was correct there.

9 Likes

I know the pain of working up an elegant solution to a problem only to have your hopes dashed on the rocks of caniuse.com, but holy jeebus!

7 Likes
25 Likes
11 Likes

Edited to clarify the story.

102-year-old Japanese man living in Curitiba, capital of the state of ParanĂĄ, Brazil, survived Covid-19 in 2020 and the Spanish flu in 1918.

When Yoshio Nishii was a baby, he was presumed dead in his hometown, but during the wake he moved an arm and was seen by his uncle.

In 2020, he and his wife tested positive for coronavirus, but recovered.

25 Likes

Not a good thing. I really wish they wouldn’t headline it this way. It sounds like these people were just so frail and ill already that any side effects at all from any medication might have killed them.

14 Likes