Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

I’m taking 5000 IU a day and other than the insatiable craving for human flesh I haven’t noticed any side effects.

23 Likes

Nah, that’s your covid vaccine kicking in.

23 Likes

The government had said it would start vaccinating the population next wednesday and already had send a plane to fetch vaccines produced in India today. But the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of India said it is not that simple. ‘It is too early to give an answer’, says India spokesman on vaccine exports to Brazil and other countries.

10 Likes
10 Likes

https://www.thelocal.se/20210114/the-key-numbers-as-swedens-coronavirus-death-toll-passes-10000

7 Likes
13 Likes
11 Likes
10 Likes
15 Likes
15 Likes

White, but if you told me Black and Latino Americans would be prioritized for the vaccine, I would be 100% in favor.

10 Likes

Shit Liars Until The End

They should all be in prison for mass murder.

When Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced this week that the federal government would begin releasing coronavirus vaccine doses held in reserve for second shots, no such reserve existed, according to state and federal officials briefed on distribution plans. The Trump administration had already begun shipping out what was available beginning at the end of December, taking second doses directly off the manufacturing line.

by Atrios at 10:10

I’m surprised, and I shouldn’t be. Bad me.

Just to spell it out in a sentence: there is not a federal vaccine reserve of 50% of doses: there is no federal vaccine reserve at all; they said there was, but they were simply lying.

19 Likes

All of those pre-Thanksgiving ads on YouTube touting that bullshit self-funded “nobody has ever gotten sick on an airplane!” study from airline manufacturers to “prove” that it was safe to fly over the holidays sure do look great in retrospect, huh?

18 Likes

I can hear the airline lobby now … “Really, nobody has to know…”

15 Likes

Total Deaths
2 000 905

16 Likes

I just found out a friend has a son at the University of Arizona in Tuscon.

11 Likes

Can this asshole not just fuck off already? Whether they go through or not, they just amplify how little he thinks of his constituents, or his “subjects” as I am sure he thinks of us.

ETA: In the comments, this action is described as TSD, for Tactical/Strategic Douchebaggery. I hereby move to have this term officially ensconced in the lexicography of the board, specifically when discussing actions of GOP. Although I might suggest a minor alteration, to TSA, Tactical/Strategic Assholery.

26 Likes

This is just straight-up “burn it all down if I can’t have it”. Pretty clear to me that more than one nuclear strike command has been rejected by NORAD at this point.

15 Likes

Hope they’re staying safe. It’s a real fuck-fest here. We go out as little as possible, but mask use seems to be dwindling in proportion to things falling off the cliff. My father missed the first round of shots he’d be eligible for…doesn’t sound like there were that many doses available anyway.

14 Likes

Me too!

11 Likes