Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

But which protocols? We see no one else (I’m the only one working, and I do that from home). We order everything for delivery or curbside. We don’t go to outdoor places if we think there might be a lot people.

As to “don’t enter if you have a fever” type protocols, will this potentially increase asymptomatic transmission?

2 Likes

While I cannot quote exact statistics, the chance of vaccines increasing any kind of spread is essentially zero. They are highly effective at preventing the contraction of covid, but cannot be counted on to be 100%. What protocols? (Double) masking, avoiding large gatherings, washing hands, the usual. We will be doing all that for months, if not years. Vaccinating kids may not be possible until 2022, so yes, for the foreseeable future.

ETA: You know me and references. Vox addressed this issue, known and unknowns, that i saw today

17 Likes

I think they stopped the test after step #1 and mistook finger for head.

2 Likes

Gods damn it all to hell. I really do hope he pulls through.

19 Likes

I always thought the sky was a shield made by God to prevent us storming the Heavens.

17 Likes

My vocabulary is way too poor, and probably It is not the right word, but I thought he was so cute when I Saw him walking around the garden.

Best wishes!

Melhoras Capitão!

7 Likes

I would offer up ‘inspiring’ and he raised a not insignificant amount of money but far more than that he became a figure that the entire country seemed to rally behind during some very dark times and inspired others with severe mobility problems to do their own fund raising.

6 Likes
21 Likes

I guess conspiracy theorists have different gateways into the Land of Denial and Complete Disregard for Facts.

11 Likes

Maybe they think it is a documentary.

14 Likes

Those were great fun! I’m sure there’s a coronavirus version by now, right?

10 Likes

Probably a RPG session is being played at this very moment somewhere in US. But I don´t think it is an official book or something like this.

Oh, a lot of kids are making games based upon the pandemic.

12 Likes

Dodger Stadium’s COVID-19 vaccination site shut down after protesters gather…

Word.

22 Likes

There’s always:

https://www.zmangames.com/en/games/pandemic/

Penny Arcade

It’s a great game, by the way. Just try not to lose four in a row.

15 Likes

Pandemic (board game)
Pandemic is a cooperative board game designed by Matt Leacock and first published by Z-Man Games in the United States in 2008.

That used to be one of our Friday night games night standards… it’s not very much fun anymore… :thinking:

Besides, it’s now clear that it’s missing key player roles, like Narcissistic Ignoramus Political Leader, Misguided Crusading Pharmacist and Anti-Mask Superspreader… :persevere:

18 Likes

These fucking idiots are pissing me off. I understand how that woman felt because I used to have a pretty bad problem getting those physical reactions when I saw my own blood. Those tools have a complete lack of shame.

18 Likes

Do you think God stays in heaven because he, too, lives in fear of what he’s created?

7 Likes

23 And Me results for jewish people are about to get significantly more detailed

10 Likes

Eschaton

Monday, February 01, 2021

Seems Bad

He’s a monster no one sane would want to work for.

The deputy commissioner for public health at the New York State Health Department resigned in late summer. Soon after, the director of its bureau of communicable disease control also stepped down. So did the medical director for epidemiology. Last month, the state epidemiologist said she, too, would be leaving.

The drumbeat of high-level departures in the middle of the pandemic came as morale plunged in the Health Department and senior health officials expressed alarm to one another over being sidelined and treated disrespectfully, according to five people with direct experience inside the department.

Their concern had an almost singular focus: Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo.

Reminds me of someone.

Atrios at 11:34

A lot of people wanted Cuomo to be the anti-Trump during the early pandemic, and I credit him with standing up and yelling at Trump, but I also knew that he was a generally shitty person, and that he had done a lot of stupid things early on, like stopping Bill De Blasio from shutting down New York City at a critical early juncture.

He did seem to learn, at least about Covid, but I’m not surprised to learn that his personality hasn’t changed.

12 Likes
11 Likes