Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

Slightly longer version.

15 Likes

(Twitter link in case you wanna share)

39 Likes

I feel your frustration, and still feel bad about this polarising sarcasm.

I think we have to recognise that children and parents are really suffering. I can definitely state as much for me and my family, including all siblings and in-laws.
So, I can relate to the demands.

I also would like to point out that teacher do not need in the focus here.

High number of infections per population (a high incidence) that children will be infected. Some may even die, and definitely they will be contagious.

This means parents will also be infected, regardless if they are sticking to all other measures or not. The prevalence in the middle-aged, i.e. parents, group will grow. More people will not be able to work, more people of that age group will get seriously ill and end up in hospital, an currently unknown but definitely non-neglectable percentage will develop long covid (and thus be not able to work) AND a certain percentage WILL DIE. And if the health system isn’t overwhelmed right now, it will be then, enlarging the amount of people who will die. Both of Covid-19 and of other medical conditions.

Parents. Will. Die. Providers for their children.

This is what WILL happen.

And it will happen even faster when B.1.1.7 ( and the other variations which carry the same mutations ) spreads.

It isn’t just teachers. It’s all of us. And THIS is why parents and children need our support: to enable everyone who can without severe detrimental effects to stay the fuck out of situations which make infections easier, or even inevitable.

17 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes
9 Likes

I know where we can start.

8 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

Conservatives: But but but… what about the so called social distancing you liberals love when you do at BLM protests huh?

BLM: Well we worn masks, didn’t eat/binge drink/vomit at the protests and we constantly cleaned our hands.

14 Likes
15 Likes

Personally, I’ve certified my work weeks back to December 26, but I’ve recieved neither any payment nor any email regarding the holdup.

16 Likes

And yet infection numbers in Florida won’t spike a week from now because Florida is just making up their numbers, anyway.

13 Likes

Tots and pears, motherfucker.

6 Likes

That was in Käärmeenpesä (snake’s nest) the club house of Helsinki Pharmacy Students’ Association.

10 Likes

On the legal front, this firm is pursing cases against state governments and federal agencies for overreach in locking down businesses and banning evictions. I’m sure they’re not alone, given the number of GOP legislatures who have been taking Democratic governors to court in order to relax or remove all restrictions:

11 Likes

And THIS is why parents and children need our support: to enable everyone who can without severe detrimental effects to stay the fuck out of situations which make infections easier, or even inevitable.

Front page in the Toronto Star today, a family headed by two health care professionals struggled, and failed, to keep from getting COVID-19 after their 5-yr old came down with it. Total downtime, 6 weeks, and they were lucky.

20 Likes

You wealth hoarding ghoul, take off eh!

eta: spelling :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just posting this again:

It really never fails.

26 Likes

That’s a…that’s quite a confidence interval. Now, I’m pretty sure the vaccine isn’t -38% effective. Even if it is true (only 22% against mild to moderate, not sure what that means), I’m still not clear on what pausing vaccination accomplishes, unless they think they can get their money back.

4 Likes