Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

Hooray!

11 Likes

Similar issue with me on the first dose. Headaches for 3 days. But I always get headaches a couple of days week. I did the vsafe thing, for the cdc to collect info on side effects. I spent a good bit of time deciding if I should or should not report the headaches.

I’m glad you had no allergic reaction!
Edited to add allergic, cause fatigue is also a reaction.

14 Likes

I get my second dose on Friday!

(The CEO is getting antsy and wants us all back in the office very soon. Not happy about this. It’s been super sweet saving $$ by not driving for over a year. )

22 Likes

Ironically, the founder and Chairman of the board of Emergent Biosolutions, Fuad El-Hibri, was once accused by conspiracy theorists of being a Muslim terrorist in cahoots with Osama bin Laden.

5 Likes

Hm. Some late changes in York Region today.

There’s one place down near Toronto that’s dropped to 60+, but the rest are still at 65+. Meanwhile, they’re rolling out AZ at local pharmacies for 55+. (Will they be staffed to cope with a reaction?)

Eh, too tired to check the various pharmacy registration systems tonight.

7 Likes

Samesies!

16 Likes

Go go go!

9 Likes

Foecal aerosol is real!

17 Likes

[Parent of a small child] Sigh.

11 Likes

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/Newsom-stakes-his-political-future-on-beating-the-16081556.php

California is pulling a DK Metcalf.

Play To The Whistle

6 Likes
6 Likes

Basically a question of which assholes you want to believe afaict (brazilian police seem to be extra shitty).

7 Likes
8 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

run-the-jewels-congrats

21 Likes

It is.
Some colleagues of mine were on that task force, and others serve on the ongoing committee for the 62.2 standard about indoor air quality in residential buildings. The name of the org. can make it seem biased, but it’s really a bunch of totally nerdy building scientists and engineers (and of course some HVAC people, but usually also nerdy engineers) hammering out the details on these things.
I thank them for their work, and thanks for posting here!

14 Likes

AstraZeneca: EMA says blood clots ‘very rare’ side effect

Different headlines make an impact.

8 Likes

How about “Covid much more common cause of blood clots than vaccine” says EMA.

Which I believe is the case.

11 Likes