Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

Wait, he thinks this and was in South Africa? He didn’t make his point of departure clear when talking about flying there, but it seems like an odd thing to claim. I could understand Rosie Perez speculating - because she was filming in Asia when she got sick in 2019:

8 Likes
9 Likes

Huzzah!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/politics/coronavirus-vaccine-deadline-biden/index.html

13 Likes

Here’s a reminder to get your shots in ASAP

11 Likes

Armed criminals end clandestine parties violently. Drug lords supposedly wanted to fight the transmission of Coronavirus.

Rio de Janeiro gang sent a message via WhatsApp to residents of a favela banning parties and gatherings:“There will be no event in our community to prevent the virus from spreading and to protect everyone.”

In São Paulo a heavily armed gang arrived by surprise at a bloc party. They fired their rifles into the air and dispersed the crowd of young partygoers.

16 Likes

When you’re less responsible than…. Oh dear.

8 Likes

They are not good. The people who live under their rule are afraid to violate the orders of these criminals. The police say what they really want is keeping the neighborhood quiet, just to avoid more frequent inspection by the authorities.

9 Likes

Coronavac is the most widely used vaccine in Brazil. It was even the one my mother took. I am not sure, but I think it isn´t good news.

5 Likes

Interesting. Good to see what’s been happening with that research.

I’ve been keeping up with my vitamin D supplements during the winter months, but no more than I ought to be any other year. It’s just that the possible reduction in risk of severe Covid keeps it higher in my mind.

If all I get out of it is all the other benefits that having good levels of vitamin D bring, well, that’s still worth it. But I’ll hold my tongue instead of telling others that there may be some Covid benefit.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s definitely different to promoting aquarium cleaner. The article doesn’t mention it, but even Fauci was promoting vitamin D, I think with caveats.

6 Likes

Lower income, Hispanic neighborhoods in Arizona lag on vaccinations

A March report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention praised only two states for their efforts in getting vaccines to vulnerable communities. One of them was Arizona.

But while the federal report shows strong outreach at the broader county level, ZIP code data from the state health department reveals disparities with the vaccination rates in several neighborhoods where residents are predominantly people of color and more impoverished.

This is a problem everywhere, but especially where genocidal state governments have made it an objective. I don’t know what the answer is, but I hope Biden has a plan.

6 Likes
13 Likes

The first confirmed case was in Hubei on 17 November 2019. It seems unlikely that she came down with it one or two weeks later in another country. There were some extremely nasty non-Covid viruses making the rounds that winter, more likely she had one of those.

7 Likes

My boss was in Shenzhen and Wuhan in early November 2019. Like most people who fly, he got sick the day after returning home but still went into work. We had informal meetings in his office while he was sick and not one of us got sick. He loves to tell everyone that he had Covid and it was no big thing.

11 Likes

Your boss may be an otherwise lovely person, but :roll_eyes: my eyes might get stuck - what a willfully dumbass attitude (of his, not yours)

11 Likes

Exactly! My coworkers and I collectively roll our eyes every time he says this in meetings. (We actually send the :roll_eyes: emoji on our personal phones during our remote meetings.)

15 Likes

We had a family gathering in California in the first week of 2020, two toddlers, one in daycare, everyone got really sick. Looking back the symptoms were all the symptoms that seemed specific to Covid. But we eventually got confirmation that they also lined up with a well known flu making the rounds at exactly that time.

12 Likes
10 Likes
14 Likes

2nd dose of Moderna today. The arm is sore, and I’m tired, but the fibro makes it hard to judge tiredness - I’m tired all the time, so how much is fibro and how much is reaction?
Hey @mr_raccoon, I’m pretty allergic to penicillin too, so much so that I was happy my vaccination site was within a half-mile of 2 world class hospitals. No reaction, as far as I can tell. My kid (also allergic, also got Moderna) had no reaction, either.

Still no perceptible change in my vocal range.

24 Likes