Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

Rule 34.

8 Likes
10 Likes

Newsom had a nice chat with Musk about it at the French Laundry.

10 Likes

The Brazilian government may have to throw 6.8 million test kits to detect COVID in the trash bin. They kept it stocked in a warehouse and are due to expire between next December and January.

11 Likes
17 Likes

Dein goldenes Haar Jana aus Kassel

3 Likes
11 Likes

More than 260 thousand US citizens were not as lucky(privileged) as he was.

23 Likes
14 Likes

Asking your volunteers to get Covid and spread it to their neighbors? Okay.

19 Likes

The census workers had a tough enough time with this scenario. One told me they would call people on the phone if possible, to avoid face-to-face question and answer sessions.

14 Likes

This a clearly, though very much not exclusively, Republican thing. I suspect keeping it that way is probably a good thing. It may have cost in the short term, I have to believe that in the long run respect for the safety of others is the right thing to do.

15 Likes
15 Likes

It stuns me that this is still an argument. It is very well established fact with other respiratory viruses that controlling the spread of infection is most effectively accomplished by vaccinating preschoolers. This is at least being discussed with covid. Being that it makes sense, I suspect it will not happen, though.

This one is older, and may not apply to the new mRNA vaccines, but without seeing the data, we really do not know. The point is, vaccinating kids is of prime importance. Since none of these vaccines have been trialed in in pediatric populations (one, I am thinking AZ?, just started trials down to 12 yo, but that is still too old) it’s not really worth talking about. As usual, we take the hard way.

19 Likes
8 Likes

24 Likes

That’s not good…

14 Likes

The full thread:

TMC is my hospital, although my wife’s gynecologist works out of St. Joseph (Carondelet, pronounced, I have been informed by numerous staff, CRAN-dlet). After that in Tucson there is St. Mary’s (Carondelet) and Banner/UA.

17 Likes

peep-show-hans-bullshit

14 Likes

Capitalism, what’s not to like…

12 Likes