Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

19 Likes
13 Likes

This is not particularly encouraging. If only there were some way to smooth out the process… to put in at Warp Speed or some such. Oh well…

17 Likes
11 Likes
4 Likes
19 Likes

Feedback from a teacher in a district following the “hybrid model” (a mix of in-person and virtual classes):

13 Likes

That is really fascinating. I think there will be a huge amount of semi-related basic science info come out of the research into covid-19 that will impact out lives in very unpredictable, but probably positive, ways in the coming years. Not worth the millions dead and injured, though.

16 Likes

broadchurch-sad|nullxnull

9 Likes

That is a number that is just hard to believe, although the math is not difficult. I repeat myself again, it did not have to be like this. It might be too late for way too many around the world, but it did not have to be like this and we cannot ever forget that.

27 Likes

11th-doc-this|nullxnull

17 Likes

How you report the numbers makes it more understandable to people. This format should be on every newscast.

20 Likes

Agreed. Worldometer reports it as #/million, which is standard epidemiology speak, but does not register with most people’s brains like this.

17 Likes

It did not have to be like this.

22 Likes

And as horrible as that sounds, North Dakota is not even at the top of the list when you look at death rates.

It’s 8th.

You currently have

• 1 in 759 Mississippians dead
  • 1 in 709 Louisianans dead
  • 1 in 512 New Jerseyites dead

And this is before the thanksgiving surge.

19 Likes

This is the terrifying part. And as that peaks, we will hit Christmas and New Years. Ugly winter for sure.

20 Likes

Why hasn’t President Joe Biden done more?

5 Likes
13 Likes
22 Likes
26 Likes