Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

I think I’m allergic to cognitive dissonance. I’ve had a burning in my ears and a feeling of anger since mid-March

22 Likes

Third doctor in my hometown has just died of COVID. He was amazingly nice person, and just 51 years old. His father also died of COVID two weeks before him. All because the government failed to protect the citizens and kept shools open as the case numbers were growing.
For some perspective, it’s a small town with only about 5600 people.

21 Likes

Read some articles on that, the sewage ones are partial, so far from conclusive, and the child with measles one, there was also the possiblity that the laboratory where they tested could have contaminated the sample. I wouldn’t be surprsed that Milan had it that early, as a business center there are a lot of people doing business in China and/or India (or any other place where the infection could have possibly originated).

8 Likes

A (very) extended chunk of the family decided they had to have their traditional thanksgiving gathering, covid be damned. My youngest really tries to maintain a relationship with them. At least 2 are now positive, and the matriarch is hospitalized with it. Youngest attended. They had decided to keep the positive tests a secret until the hospitalization. I am on my way to get tested. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

34 Likes

Not cool Disney. Not cool at all.
20 Likes
12 Likes

Fly the COVID skies.

16 Likes

“ They said there are normal people who want to shop, but they want to do it without wearing masks.”

“ They were after officers over their own use of masks.”

No - sorry- you’re not normal.

22 Likes
13 Likes

The Brazilian Ministry of Health expects to spend R$ 250 million (US$ 50,000,000) to put ‘kit-covid’ in the health program called “popular pharmacies”; Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin have no proven effectiveness, but they have become the possible bet of the Jair Bolsonaro government against the disease; The idea is to use public money to distribute the pills.

8 Likes

Oh, dear. Good luck. Not that my wishing you good luck will change the outcome of the test, but I am certain that everyone here is hoping for the best for you, docosc.

26 Likes

A man chokes, has a coughing fit and is beaten and punched in a restaurant in Curitiba, capital of the state of Paraná, Brazil.

Upon having a coughing fit in the restaurant, the man and his wife were beaten by another customer who was at the place. "When I managed to get up from the table, he commented: ‘you have covid-19’. I said, ‘no, I don’t have covid-19’. He said that his family members were hospitalized and that being there was a lack of respect ”, explained the man attacked to the reporters.

14 Likes

Beaten by the same type of people that were beating monkeys to death over the supposed spread of yellow fever no doubt.

13 Likes

Unfortunately I remember this.

11 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes

100% on that, very good wishes Doc.

Also:

This is a tragically real thing that’s coming up all over. We are now in a time where we need to be suspicious of people we know if there’s ANY doubt over their judgement. Lies of omission are killing people.

23 Likes
11 Likes
20 Likes

Like I needed another reason to avoid Assault & Battery Airlines…

10 Likes