Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

Even better: Better make sure you’re making Trump happy!

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/white-house-mcenany-staff-covid-19-vaccine

14 Likes

But it’s also fair to point out that the vaccine that people are joyously receiving has absolutely nothing to do with 45 or Warp Speed.

20 Likes

++

“Operation Bare Minimum”

8 Likes
12 Likes

Contrary to the usual propaganda, death rates go DOWN during “bad times”

so even if mortality were flat this year it would still be all COVID

12 Likes

For anybody in the San Diego area who has tested positive for COVID-19…

Yahoo Mail Document_ COVID-19 Research Study.PDF (113.0 KB)

I know Dr. Grenier, and he’s a good doctor. It’s likely your video(?) visits will be conducted by Sylvia.

8 Likes

Operation Less Than Bare Minimum
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/vaccine-distribution-rehearsals-portend-delays-state-official-told-congress

“In recent mock shipments of vaccine to train and test the transportation/logistics planning that has been done by [Operation Warp Speed], there have been varying levels of success,” Levine said.

I mean, frankly, testing and training suggests it’s going better than I expected.

Levine added that the federal government had only allocated around $340 million for the distribution effort, based on pre-existing funding.

“That’s about $1 per American to mount an immunization enterprise that is unparalleled in scale and complication,” she said.

15 Likes

And now the UK government goes back to ful idiocy:

13 Likes

The result of this decision will be the same as it was in Poland. At one point 600 people were dying each day because government decided that keeping schools open was more important than lives of citizens.

9 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

NYT is saying probable emergency approval on Friday.

11 Likes

1499192347_download

12 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes

HO HO HACK HACK HACK * WEEZE *

14 Likes

Rio cancels the official celebration of New Year’s Eve 2021. The decision is made by Mayor Marcelo Crivella, who this Tuesday (15) met with the secretaries to assess the end of his term.

The celebration would be in tourist spots in the city with online transmission via TV and internet, but without public participation.

8 Likes

:musical_note: You better watch out
You better watch out
You better watch out
You better watch out

12 Likes

In the beginning, a lot of people were clamoring for hydrochloroquine, but I bet many of those same people will be resistant to getting the vaccine.

13 Likes