Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

There are only a dozen ICU beds available near me! That’s rather alarming, and maybe we should be even more alarmist when we have to convince people not to congregate for the holidays.
“Hey, if Great-Aunt Stella has another stroke, she may not get that last bed available at Southwest.”
Is that too cruel?

16 Likes

This is what a fridge that can store 25,000 doses at -40 to -86 °C looks like.

14 Likes

No, but it assumes people care enough about Great-Aunt Stella to slightly inconvenience themselves.

You might have better luck with, “Hey, if you get run over by a dump truck…”

13 Likes

Navy’s top officer urges sailors to ‘strongly consider’ receiving coronavirus vaccine

14 Likes

:man_facepalming:
I just can’t even deal with that level of cognitive dissonance.

12 Likes

This isn’t oneboxing for some reason, but it’s a call from some prominent experts to suspend IP restrictions in order to get the vaccine out to people faster.

https://braveneweurope.com/dean-baker-achal-prabhala-ariun-jayadev-want-vaccines-fast-suspend-intellectual-property-rights

11 Likes
16 Likes

Excellent proposal. We can figure out the $$ later. There is available vaccine output capacity sitting idle as we speak. It should all be utilized.

11 Likes
14 Likes

32 Likes
17 Likes

Covid shall not pass!

28 Likes

So, the rich and famous are forming their own special “groups” to jump line?

He’s old, I get that but groups out of thin air?

3 Likes

Pardon?

What are these groups of which you speak?

4 Likes

Public creating their own groups? Maybe it’s early or I misread but it sounded like it was like a club had been formed to get the vaccine.

More coffee required…

3 Likes
6 Likes

Sweet! Sir Ian and I have the same scarf.
Snowing here today, I will bust mine out.

13 Likes

By “local media” I expect we’re largely talking about the ultra-conservative-owned crap content farms that most local no-longer printed newspapers and TV station sites have become.

17 Likes

Agreed. Our local paper is not giving these fools a platform. They didn’t provide many examples to support their claims in the article.

9 Likes

That article makes no sense to me. Isn’t it better to just cancel Christmas visits this year?
I’m spending Christmas alone, and I’m perfectly fine with it.

14 Likes