Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

26 Likes

According to the president, you can also turn yourself into an alligator.

"
‘If you become an alligator, it’s your problem,’ says Bolsonaro about Pfizer vaccine 
" Several countries - such as the United Kingdom, the United States and Mexico - have started their vaccination campaigns with this vaccine, or have signaled positively for it

16 Likes

Everything about federal government action related to the pandemic was somewhere between disastrous and genocidal, but I think that broadcasting Pence getting vaccinated is a good idea.
Most people who will refuse to vaccinate are Republicans, so maybe this will help change minds of at least some of them.
People opposing Pence tend to be more reasonable, so they will get vaccinated anyway.

12 Likes

8 Likes

My bet is that they will say he was injected with saline solution and that the publicity was for show.

10 Likes

It is possible, but wouldn’t matter much.
If they were more competent at doing harm, they could mandate that any vaccine that is bought if federal government money has to have a sticker with Trump’s signature (printed with gold-effect ink) on the syringe.
Ok, enough of that, please excuse me while I go to toilet and puke.

If that was an anthropomorphic alligator, I’d actually pay a lot of money for that vaccine.

7 Likes

We need to stop calling them anti-mask and start calling them plague rats.

13 Likes

Maybe

“I live for the Virus!”
“Sacrifice me!”

5 Likes

head-desk.gif x 1023

But even as people continue to pile inside restaurants and bars, getting together with friends and discarding their face coverings, Texas’ Republican leaders have avoided the politically controversial tactics used elsewhere to save lives.

“We are not going to have any more lockdowns in the state of Texas,” said Governor Greg Abbott ahead of Thanksgiving, a position he defended by claiming shutdowns were ineffective, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Thank you, Guardian folks, for saying the words.

ETA:

More of the same. Hats off to Texas Monthly for also saying the words.

14 Likes
17 Likes
14 Likes

As it ever was

14 Likes

Can I invest in the vaccine? Hoard it in my freezer until the price goes up?

14 Likes

And then there is this:

Thing is, anyone who is surprised by this has been studiously not paying attention. And the subsequent disaster will, of course, be blamed on the Biden administration. Fuck them all with rusty barbed wire, damn it.

23 Likes

With the right credentials, you probably can. But what these guys are looking for is a way to divert vaccine to wealthy, cash-paying customers who will pay insane fees to jump the line.

12 Likes

These are like the doctors who sell human organs to Dick Cheney?

10 Likes

11th-doc-this|nullxnull

16 Likes

But Cheney’s body would reject human
oh, you mean for food.

12 Likes
18 Likes
18 Likes