Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

15 Likes

Not from anyone even peripherally involved in public health or healthcare.

13 Likes
19 Likes

“$600 after 9 months in a job market with record unemployment may not sound like much, but don’t spend it all in one place,” says most out of touch person on the planet.

29 Likes

Absolutely, instead of running out and just spending it on food, you should invest it. In my mutual fund!

The last one was divided between a few charities and Democratic candidates. If this one comes in time it’s basically going to Georgia

15 Likes
5 Likes

[tagged:Masque of the Red Death]

https://www.sfgate.com/california-parks/amp/Yosemite-Ahwahnee-covid-aramark-pandemic-15809327.php

“Basically, everyone just did whatever they wanted, as if there was no pandemic,” says Lianne* Saylor, an Ahwahnee roomskeeper who was working during the event.

14 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

ETA: I should clarify that this is the second COVID relief package for Ammrrkns, and that the first package also handed the ultrarich of the U.S. ~$82,000,000,000 in tax breaks.

… Millionaires and billionaires are set to reap more than 80% of the benefits from a change to the tax law Republicans put in the coronavirus economic relief package, according to a non-partisan congressional committee.

The change – which alters what certain business owners are allowed to deduct from their taxes – will allow some of the nation’s wealthiest to avoid nearly $82bn of tax liability in 2020.

Nearly 82% of the benefits from the tax law change will go to people making $1m or more annually in 2020, according to an analysis by the joint committee on taxation (JCT). Overall, 95% of individuals who benefit from the change make $200,000 or more. …

Re the first package, this also:

ETA: figure corrected

22 Likes

Bye fucker.

14 Likes

Why does he look like he has a rectangular box around his eyes?

7 Likes

I got a feeling he ain’ gettin’ his 1 Euro piece back, neither.

10 Likes

I wonder how the muppet(s) who got tattoos of his face feel now?

2 Likes
9 Likes

I wonder if a certain person who recently lost his job in Washington D.C. is going to be taken out of the house like that.

6 Likes

Just 3 times? That number seems suspiciously low. Maybe the study was misinterpreted by journalists?

I can’t find it right now, but I think that WHO estimates for COVID-19 mortality were way higher than that.

We should be prepared and buy popcorn for that occasion.

6 Likes

Looks like they focused on in-hospital mortality:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30527-0/fulltext

9 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes

Perfect. Exactly what we need. It wasn’t enough to politicize the damn plague, now they need to politicize the only hope for controlling it. Assholes have soo much blood on their hands.

20 Likes

The Saudis started the vaccination campaign.

13 Likes