Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

And on cue:

17 Likes

ah, like “oddball”

3 Likes

Queer head.

yeah I was not gonna go there, good luck with that

1 Like

Well, now I’m wondering if German uses “Quer” as we do in English as part of LGBTQ, our traditional use largely forgotten now? But also it sounds less of a pejorative than the traditional English was or became (prior to the sexual connotations).

The short answer is no.

6 Likes

Not exactly, but possibly close enough.

2 Likes

or “crank”—means both “conspiracy theorist” and also “to rotate something sideways”

2 Likes

11 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes

Phased Allocation
of COVID-19 Vaccines

Kathleen Dooling, MD, MPH ACIP meeting

November 23, 2020
ACIP COVID-19 Vaccines Work Group

10 Likes

South African authorities believe the new variant spread from Nelson Mandela Bay through the Eastern Cape, to the Garden Route, and into KwaZulu-Natal. The new lineage, named 501.V2, has between 10 and 20 new mutations not seen in the coronavirus tested in South Africa before end-September. The South African variant appears to be spreading more quickly, with higher viral loads than the original virus.

14 Likes

There’s a 2nd one!

11 Likes
9 Likes

Just great. Now I’ve gotta add mindbleach and eyebleach to my Amazon wishlist. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

D.P. Cronenberg did this sort of thing better.

5 Likes

Dammit western new york. The outbreak is hitting the rural parts pretty hard lately and these drunks aren’t helping things.

17 Likes

Like the English, “A few degrees off plumb”?

We have a huge store of expressions like “A few bricks short of a load” or, “His elevator doesn’t go to the top floor”. Is German the same?

8 Likes

https://www.nature.com/immersive/d41586-020-03435-6/index.html

13 Likes