Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

I am genuinely afraid to look.

11 Likes

One of the scientists who developed the vaccines responding to the concerns over this new variant, with humor.

15 Likes

Neither do some members of Congress. I saw a news bit that said it was so many pages, many members weren’t able to check the whole thing out before voting.

tenor(10)

17 Likes

Yep, it was supposedly the longest Bill in US history, something like 5,500 pages. Nobody has read the whole thing. A true leap of faith, I guess. :pleading_face:

13 Likes

I have NO FAITH in the Republican party since Nancy Kassebaum retired. Can’t trust 'em as far as I could throw 'em, which ain’t far with my latest wrist injury.

17 Likes

Oh, no! Not your painting wrist, I hope?

14 Likes

Yes, but I can still paint. It’s more of an issue to pick up my cats, use a steak knife, etc. I think I tore the tendon that moves and bends my thumb.

21 Likes
12 Likes

“To drag my family into this, when my daughter hasn’t left that house in 10 months, my parents have been isolated for 10 months, they’ve become deeply depressed, as I’m sure many elderly have,” the health official said Tuesday, appearing to respond to the reports about her holiday gatherings. “These are all very difficult things.”

And of course none of that is true or important for any of you un-people and your families. She just doesn’t get it. None of them do. Of course they get different rules! They’re the important people!

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/i-will-retire-dr-birx-will-not-seek-role-in-biden-administration

18 Likes

The Ashaninka people have been in strict isolation for 9 months and are the only ones in the state of Acre, northern Brazil, with no record of Covid-19 cases.

21 Likes
14 Likes

Brian Goldman’s White Coat Black Art is an excellent series, available as podcasts on the CBC site.

6 Likes
14 Likes

Aaaargh. Why now?! Who told him about those parts of the bill and what was their purpose? The orange Atrocity certainly didn’t read it.
I really hope this seals Georgia for the dems.

16 Likes

prove you love your family

16 Likes

or give the benefit to everybody, working or not

either way removes the “disincentive”

16 Likes

14 Likes

That is, of course, part of a costume from The Thing

The real ones look something like

patch

12 Likes

Galaxy brain.

30 Likes

Wha
 What the

WTF does he think a vaccine is, exactly?

The stupid, it’s just
 staggering.

24 Likes