Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

An inflatable costume implicated in hospital outbreak.

19 Likes

The secret service needs to wrap this dickehad up in plastic and take him on a surreptitious visit to the ICU ward of the nearest public hospital.

2 Likes

can’t understand the costume idea at all. who ever would have thought that a good idea with an airborne virus around(!!!) also, cause i was curious, it looks like california has a positivity rate of 12% right now. i wonder if there’s anywhere in the us that has even close to enough testing yet. ( isn’t it supposed to be at like 2 or 3%? )

9 Likes

Covid vaccine #1 in and no signs of cannibal zombie yet. Maybe have to wait for dose #2 for that?

24 Likes
16 Likes

Well that’s just what you would say, isn’t it?

14 Likes

Its #1 in the algorithm.

12 Likes

Isn’t that like using the pandemic for genocide?

11 Likes

They can learn a thing or two about that from us.

5 Likes

I said the same thing about the Santa visiting/infecting seniors in a nursing home upthread. WTH are people thinking? During a pandemic, that should be off the table, period. Focus on living long enough to celebrate next year. In the meantime, they can set up virtual or “through the window” visits with the character of their choice.

16 Likes

It’s CoVie, the Hacking Clown! His laughs are infectious!

I’ll never understand the stupid shit people are willing to die (and kill) for.

14 Likes

Now that brexit’s done, the UK is having to find other things to be stupid about.

13 Likes

No side effects yet either, here. My arm is a little sore at the site of the injection, but nothing else. All normal.

13 Likes

I don’t know the legal system of the UK, but if the powers that be force kids back to school, can the parents sue when their kids inevitably become infected?

9 Likes

Another silver bullet of the week?

16 Likes

Anyone can sue, but whether they’d win is probably down to the advice the government is getting. If the medical advice is “don’t send people to school” and the PM says so anyway, then there’s a case for negligence and so on. But if they have advice to back up the decision, then parents are likely SOL.

However it’s telling that in the other nations currently of the UK, Scottish schools are on holiday for at least an extra week, In Wales, schools are planning a phased return from the 11th, and Northern Ireland has gone to remote learning until the 11th (Both Boris and the BBC are bad at saying the UK rather than England when talking about anything devolved like education).

12 Likes

I don’t see how this could possibly go wrong.

19 Likes

LOL, will they only put one drop in a dose like the homeopathic medicine quacks?

9 Likes

:man_facepalming: Once again, “Those stupid eggheads, what do they know? My gut says this will work.” I mean, why should anyone listen to people who spend their entire lives studying this shit? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

20 Likes

Reports that Germany are considering extending the time to the second too.

I guess the second dose half is related to the shenanigans with the Oxford one where they reported 50 to 70 effectiveness and then suddenly 99 with a half dose.

So it’s gotta work amirite?

The ongoing clusterfuck here in Ireland where the infections are a vertical line at least has the possibility that zero Covid voices will finally be listened to. The EU was pretty dependent on the Oxford Zeneca vaccine that it is not passing for use yet. Due to the shifty research protocols no doubt (cherry picking a subset of results to report). I assume the very clever methodologists will work it out but it’s maths at the level of magic for me.

8 Likes