Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 2)

Thank you for getting it. I’m in line, way behind you, as a low risk healthy person. When I can I’m getting it. I’ve promised my kids a trip to Disneyland when it’s possible.

16 Likes
14 Likes

AConsultantsAB.

8 Likes
12 Likes

This only makes sense if they are anticipating fairly prompt and largely unlimited supply available in 21 or 28 days when the second doses start coming due. Otherwise, it is a recipe for a whole lotta people who think they are protected and are not.

20 Likes

Guidelines for diseases are not to name them after places, which doesn’t help and often results in prejudicial responses. Hence why Republican branding like the Chinese virus and Kung-Flu was so properly condemned by everyone else. I don’t know any reason you can’t name them after people, though, so BoJoVid should be acceptable.

13 Likes

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/wireStory/latest-japanese-governors-demand-state-emergency-75011731

Mass murderer

17 Likes

Can’t recall the last time I woke up without memories of having been dangerously slack on masking and such, only to realize it was just a dream. Are we done yet?

13 Likes

No

18 Likes

This is the kind of thing I’ve been expecting since the start, but there’s nothing much like this going on here afaik (certainly the community measures here aren’t even in the same universe of taking things seriously):

13 Likes

Funny, I was just about to make the same reply, word for word. Coincidence, or…?

11 Likes

Dr Daisy Fancourt leads the UK Covid-19 Social Study at University College London. Interesting stuff…

Let the pillory continue… :thinking: Shame we can’t actually do it old school, I’d be up for a weekend project…

19 Likes

I know the point you were making was not about grammar but I found the construction “a coronavirus new strain” to be very weird.

2 Likes

The question was rhetorical, kids. In fact, I initially typed “Are we there yet?”.

5 Likes

Thanks, great thread. And yet more evidence that we can do a lot to limit the ravages of this virus (like SK successfully does), or we can basically let it run rampant, thereby damaging and killing a fuckton of people (like the UK and US do).

11 Likes

Yeah, but (racist statement about Asians) and (stupid reference to mythical American rugged individualism)! Freedom!

17 Likes

Pope Francis’ first message of 2021: “Hey privileged folks, stop acting like a dick and stay home.”

24 Likes

So we’re back to this.

20 Likes

Did Twitter flag it, or are they done with their brief flirtation with responsible-adjacent behavior?

12 Likes

Not seeing any flags. They are still flagging his crap about the election being stolen from him, but I guess the whole thousands of people dying a day thing isn’t on their radar.

7 Likes