Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

Shucks, if only there were some way to prevent people from being unvaccinated.

11 Likes

Why would ANY nurse or nurse assistants be antivaxxers?! Or are they so entitled to their “freedom” they refuse to sacrifice their rights for the babies and mothers they care for?!?!?!

New York Lewis County General Hospital will stop delivering babies because too many maternity unit workers quit instead of accepting a COVID vaccine mandate, it was just announced. At least 6 have resigned, and 7 are on the fence. Without enough staff as needed, the hospital is closing the maternity unit at least temporarily.

16 Likes

I fucking hate this timeline.

16 Likes
16 Likes

It boggles the mind, doesn’t it? My cousin’s wife is a nurse, and unvaccinated. When the school sent home paperwork for their teen sons to get the jab, they tore it up and threw it away w/o even reading it.

18 Likes
10 Likes

I’m just as baffled as you are on that point. But I just recalled that the rate of cigarette use is still surprisingly high among nurses; I wonder how strong the correlation is.

8 Likes

Their single-dose strategy for this age group makes sense. Per prior research it provides most of the benefits of two doses, but at far lower risk of causing myocarditis in boys. The CDC hasn’t explained why they’re apparently not considering that strategy for the US, instead going with the all-or-nothing approach.

8 Likes

Finally! I hope the delay and bickering hasn’t deterred take-up too much.

5 Likes
10 Likes

What in the ACTUAL FUCK…

And some people will eat this right up!!!

23 Likes

Data thread:

11 Likes

He is entirely predictable…has been since the damn 80s…and this is a surprise?

16 Likes

So my elderly cat needs to go to his longtime vet for some blood work and medication, during the last many months they were very good with their mask policy. Everyone wore a mask.

When I called today I asked if they were still wearing masks, nope. I guess they’re over it.

Problem is getting appointments at vets right now is awful so I really can’t shop around for a new vet.

And asking a question online in the local groups like “anyone know of any vets taking new patients that still require masks?” will get you berated and called names. I’m going to do some research but it’s going to be a royal pain.

I hate people.

22 Likes

It’s an ivermectin chaser :persevere:

10 Likes

Iirc you’re really high risk? Is there some one outside your home who could pick up, take and return your cat from the vet for you?

11 Likes

I feel sorry for the children of the antivaxxers, and also for the patients and students the antivaxxers infected, and for the secondary victims infected by those patients and students. That’s all the feeling sorry I can manage. If you want to commit suicide and take hundreds of other people with you, and if you are going to riot and fight every time anyone tries to stop you from committing suicide, at some point any reasonable person is going to say “OK, fine, go kill yourself” and lose whatever normal human sense of compassion they had for the person.

3 Likes

Worth pointing out that the UK has a pretty high hospitalisation rate at the moment. Like We’re high and they are twice ours so much higher than most of mainland Europe.

Personally I’d be much happier today knowing that 12-15 are getting vaccinated as the group above that aren’t getting jabbed as quickly as older age cohorts. Which is the same here.

2 Likes

With so many businesses relaxing their policies in my area, all I can guarantee is that I’ll be wearing masks. Can’t remember when they started recommending two, but I’m not gonna drop my guard anytime soon. :mask:

12 Likes

They’re definitely not doing great but according to worldometer they’ve averaged 14 deaths/million over the last 7 days, while the US has averaged 26 deaths/million. In deaths per capita there are a few European countries currently doing worse than the UK (Greece and Lithuania are about twice as bad) but the UK is still in pretty bad shape.

5 Likes