Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

10 Likes

“ Speaking at a public event at the Kremlin, Putin said: “The problems with COVID-19 have even occurred even in my circle. We need to figure out what is really going on. I think I will soon have to quarantine. A lot of people are ill around me.” The president did not specify who in his circle had been infected.”

12 Likes

As a precaution, Putin had the inner circle defenestrated.

12 Likes

Fight Insult GIF by FoilArmsandHog

11 Likes

I am a huge (if conflicted) fan of pop music. So I watched the MTV VMA awards Sunday night. Most of the shots of people near the stage showed mask wearing. I’m sure they had to sign a contract agreeing to wear one to be near the stage.
Probably irresponsible to have so many people gathered, but it seemed like they were trying to normalize mask-wearing, which might be ultimately beneficial?
All the back-up dancers wore masks, designed to go with their costumes. I think it sent a good message, like, hellooo- this virus is a real thing that exists but you can still dance with a mask on!

14 Likes

Goat boy is trying to win over the horse paste eating set

7 Likes

Who? Sounds like he’s looking for some free advertising to prop up his nonexistent career.

10 Likes

“ Sprinkled throughout, however, are posts where Hesser urges her nearly 37,000 followers to question the safety of the vaccines. “Would you sign your children up to be part of a pharmaceutical trial and take them into a lab to get shot up with some experimental drug created by a criminal company?” she asks in one June post. In another one from April, she writes that “many of you have heard about the large number of poke-free women” experiencing changes in their menstrual cycles “after spending time with people who got the jab.” Medical experts say that’s impossible. Hesser did not respond to requests for comment.”

16 Likes

Sounds chillingly familiar.

8 Likes

This is one that gets me, because it is unfalsifiable. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am unaware of any women who are like clockwork. Early? Obviously you were around someone who was vaccinated. Late? Same. Heavy? Same. Light? Same. And there is, of course, no way for this to be a thing. The vaccine, sadly, is not contagious. Would that it were! But stupid certainly is. And that may be the scarier epidemic going on right now.

27 Likes
6 Likes

I heard that when vaxed women visit yoga studios there’s interference on clock radios and the toaster oven takes longer to reheat lunches.

20 Likes

I never took Breuer to be a brainiac, but I always figured he was at least smart enough to figure this out. Dammit, Breuer!

3 Likes

Today’s xkcd is related:

27 Likes

She needs to have her license to practice stripped. Now. Anyone who is a doctor and still spreading misinformation is contributing to this pandemic and actively killing people.

18 Likes
4 Likes

24 Likes

At least a few of the credentialing bodies have taken a stand about this, and for pediatricians and family practice docs, we can lose our board certification over this kind of shit. Have not heard the board of emergency medicine taking such a stand. It might not matter. You need the certification to get hospital privileges, but not to get or keep a license. And if you are making all your money from bogus telehealth ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine prescribing, you don’t give a damn about getting hospital privileges, nor about how much your colleagues may despise you.

22 Likes

adventure time table flip GIF

9 Likes

Here we are. Get used to it. It is not going to come back to what it was for some time.

Yeah, remember those scary, scary Death Panels that the right wing was all on about a few years back? They are here.

25 Likes