Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

Sorry if this has already been posted, but apparently it’s from years ago and wow is it more relevant than ever…

15 Likes
17 Likes
6 Likes

Surely we can come to a dignified accommodation for a head of state.

14 Likes

And a pina colada, my friend

9 Likes
24 Likes

20 Likes

I guess members of the GOP/GQP haven’t been taking Beau’s advice about putting their affairs in order:

13 Likes

She keeps it up, someone’s gonna end up suing her and winning.

8 Likes

Trigger warning for war images/sounds:

12 Likes

Just passed 50,000 deaths. And that’s the official tally, which is especially suspect in Florida.

14 Likes

Earlier on Friday, Helsinki and Uusimaa Hospital District (HUS) said it was starting to offer third doses of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine as it races to use the jabs before they go out of date.

In a statement, HUS said it would immediately begin offering the third dose of vaccine to fully-vaccinated individuals at high risk from complications of infection as well as healthcare staff who care for Covid patients.

HUS and the Uusimaa regional coronavirus coordination group, including municipalities covered by the healthcare district, came to the joint decision on Thursday, the statement read.

HUS Pharmacy currently has 15,000 doses of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine in stock with an expiry date of 22 September.

13 Likes
10 Likes
18 Likes

In Finnish mu is myy.

Pikku Myy (Little My)

14 Likes

“It has brought us to the breaking point, and to be totally direct, in many respects we are broken,” said Kosin. “The situation is extremely bleak.”

“I called my colleagues in the ICU, and I explained, ‘My patient is going to probably die. I need an ICU bed,’” she said. “And the answer I got was, ‘We are doing our best. We do not have a bed.’”

(Gov) Bronson’s office released a statement after the meeting.

“My administration has been clear since the beginning that we will not mandate masks or vaccines,” it said.

Alaska’s health care providers, however, are left worrying about the kinds of choices they will be left with.

“Rationing care will take on a whole new meaning than it does today,” Kosin said. “I think it’s going to lead to the types of decisions you can’t imagine a person having to make.”

17 Likes

The Office GIF

Meanwhile…

18 Likes
18 Likes

Healthcare providers with teetering mental health working in a teetering system now being required to function as executioners so that idiot politicians can pander to even bigger idiots. How could this possibly go wrong? I can’t decide whether to laugh or cry. Or just rage incoherently. None of these will get me anywhere, though. Could they really not understand what they are doing? Because if not, they are just straight up evil.

25 Likes

You’re all working in the equivalent of war zones and making those kind of triage decisions.

I’m so sorry for this- and incredibly grateful to all of you.

19 Likes