Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

28 Likes

29 Likes

So sad, and so accurate.

18 Likes
19 Likes

It’s sad that I even have to confirm that this is, for the time being at least, satire.

18 Likes

Super evil librul reverse psychology, natch.

14 Likes

uh, oh. They’re on to our dastardly liberal plan!
:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

God what a fucking idiot. But maybe it will convince some people to get vaccinated so :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

I’m fine with whatever number of dimensional chess they think we’re playing as long as it gets more people vaccinated.

14 Likes

“ “In fact, if Mississippi were its own country, you would be second in the world only to Peru in terms of deaths per capita,” Tapper said. “That’s a horrible, horrible heartbreaking statistic, so with all due respect governor, your way is failing. Are you going to try to change anything, to change this horrible statistic from what you’re doing already?””

19 Likes

Oh, dog. I watched this interview this morning. The dude WOULD. NOT. STOP. TALKING. Every time Jake Tapper started to say or ask something, the guy just talked over him. He talked and talked and talked. It was a weird interview, if you can call it an interview.

8 Likes

I’m sure the guy believed he was in “enemy territory” being interviewed on CNN… :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Gish gallop. Throw out so many things that they can’t all be responded to and run out the clock.

10 Likes

Now I wanna see the one that says “I got vaxxed, and I’m gonna outlive all you dumb muthafuckas.”

13 Likes

Just nipping over to the angry dome. Back in a couple of hours.

19 Likes
16 Likes
17 Likes

I’ve been waiting for a widespread resurgence of medieval bloodletting “humours medicine” and we just might be about there, for where else do you go when you so whole heartedly reject modern medicine.

12 Likes

Today, (September 20), the entire nation of Japan saw only 2,224 new cases of COVID-19, with just 302 new cases in Tokyo and only a handful of prefectures reaching the (low) triple-digits. The number of daily new cases is down by a good 80~90% compared to last month’s peak, and we haven’t seen numbers this low since before the Olympics.

Meanwhile, 53.1% of the population* is now fully vaccinated, and 65.3% have had at least one shot. *Children under the age of twelve are unable to get vaccinated, but are still counted in the population figure. People (including those who have been vaccinated) are still masking up and social distancing, so I am hoping that we will have a relatively peaceful fall and winter.

20 Likes

An unvaccinated 64 yo woman was hospitalised in Slidell (New Orleans metro area) with covid and her daughter, a physician’s assistant, insisted on her being treated with ivermectin. When the hospital refused they took it to court and the judge ordered the hospital to go against its own medical experts. The woman died before the court order was enforced, but we’ve reached a scary point in this country

18 Likes