Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

Ugh. I hope we get some clarification on that. Will it be the same list as during initial roll out? Or a determination by individual docs? The clinic my doc works in, pretty big system, is offering appts for boosters but I don’t know if I received that invite bc of something in my chart or if it was sent to all patients. I keep waiting for more FDA guidance or more info from the clinic but the appt I made is coming up soon. I’ll probably just have to message my doc’s team.

6 Likes

Looks modern enough…

Blackadder-S02E01-cc8099ed3addd593d7eb1509f7d15098-thumb

11 Likes
17 Likes

Hopefully this all works out well, but I’m kinda sick of the Pharma companies putting out marketing statements like this before making the actual data available. They have not yet presented the data to the FDA, let alone had it peer-reviewed.

As for the all-important question of safety, they’ve offered no data whatsoever and just issued the following sentence in part of their press release:

“Generally comparable” is vague enough to cover a wide variety of results.

4 Likes
24 Likes

Local situation. RMH is our local medical center. Yeah apocalyptic sounds about right.

19 Likes
18 Likes

Do we really want to be like those commies folks! /s

12 Likes
13 Likes
17 Likes

One 20yr old cashier at a petrol station in Germany shot dead because he asked an anti-masker to mask.

49yr old murderer said he wanted to ‘set a sign’. German gas station worker killed over face mask

18 Likes
14 Likes
11 Likes

Once again, I’ll repeat my wish that whatever folks use for blackface could not be washed off or covered up. :angry:

16 Likes

Or…

stay home eric trump GIF by Saturday Night Live

10 Likes

Today, only 1,767 new cases of COVID-19 were reported throughout Japan (the first time below 2,000 since July 12!). All but the most populous prefectures were in the single or double digits, and Tokyo topped out at just 253. Meanwhile, over 153 million vaccine doses have now been administered, meaning that 54.4% of the population is now fully vaccinated and 66.5% have had at least one shot. A full 88.6% of people over 65 (who had first priority after frontline healthcare workers) are now fully vaccinated. Since Japan only started vaccination for the general public (i.e. non-frontline healthcare workers) in April, it will probably be another several months before there is a need for booster shots, and there is still quite a bit of debate about the necessity and timing thereof. I am looking forward to the rollout of vaccine passports in December and hoping that I will then be able to travel at least to Korea.

12 Likes
23 Likes

So, to sum up: the methods the people behind the website are using appear to be badly flawed, and their approach appears to be biased toward producing positive results, even with treatments that are pretty clearly ineffective. They criticize other researchers for sticking with rigorous standards but wall themselves off from criticism for their lack of standards by remaining anonymous.

So, maybe it really does work. I don’t know. What I do know is that at this point in time, there is no evidence to support that position. And we do know that the vaccine works pretty damned beautifully. So barring further actual research, ivermectin is for parasites. Maybe it would work on these grifters, eh?

18 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes