Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

A good article about a local minister, with the best catchphrase:

25 Likes

Did they require Clapton to be vaccinated?

Damn well should.

12 Likes

He was vaccinated in February.

7 Likes

He’s even more of an asshole then.

22 Likes

the trumps are all vaccinated too, just like most of the people working at fox “news”. they’re never going to risk their own lives to score political points, only other people’s.

19 Likes
15 Likes

Follow-up to the asshole anti-masker (but I repeat myself…) who killed a 20yr old:

12 Likes

Since the start of the pandemic, Ladapo has penned op-eds in the Wall Street Journal challenging main assertions by national health experts.

When asked about whether people should fear the vaccine, Ladapo said Tuesday those fears were driven by a “climate of mistrust” in the public about the nation’s coronavirus response. That sentiment is similar to those made by DeSantis since the start of the pandemic.

“That was a direct result of scientists, my colleagues, some of them, taking the science and basically misrepresenting it to fit their agendas,” Ladapo said. “This idea that people don’t get to make their own decisions on issues of health is wrong and it’s not something that we’re going to be about.”

When asked whether Florida should be promoting vaccines, Ladapo replied that too much emphasis had been placed on that approach.

“The state should be promoting good health, and vaccination isn’t the only path for that,” Ladapo said. “It’s been treated almost like a religion, and that’s just senseless.”

He said the state should be supporting many measures for good health: “vaccination, losing weight, exercising more (and) eating more fruits and vegetables.”

Democratic lawmakers who serve on the Legislature’s public health committees criticized DeSantis’ choice.

“Florida’s surgeon general should be an expert in public health, but instead the governor has chosen someone who has questioned the safety of the COVID vaccines, has advocated against masks as a way to stop the spread of the virus, and who believes herd immunity through natural infection is the best possible way to end this pandemic,” said Sen. Janet Cruz, D-Tampa, in a statement.

Ladapo’s writings do all of the above, but in one Wall Street Journal piece from June, Ladapo and a co-author took a strong stance against vaccines.

“The risks of a COVID-19 vaccine may outweigh the benefits for certain low-risk populations, such as children, young adults and people who have recovered from COVID-19,” the column states.

14 Likes

About 70% of the fully-vaccinated inmates got infected, so that’s a pretty dang significant breakthrough rate, but only one fully vaccinated inmate was hospitalized.

Prisons must be about the only place worse than cruise ships when it comes to viral spread.

19 Likes

Wt actual f?

11 Likes

Isn’t his workplace covered by Biden’s vaccination order?

3 Likes
10 Likes

But wait, there’s more!

And he’s one of these jackasses:

17 Likes

That’s what your mother said.

5 Likes

Thank you for giving these consie updates from your location.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen the latest excess deaths statistics, but if we’re still at 50% under-reporting of COVID deaths, we’re already well past 1 million in the US from an official tally of 677,000. :frowning:

ETA: scooped by @Simon_Clift by 6 days. Yeesh. Yes, I am still playing catch-up on this thread.

ETA+: and @chgoliz. Sorry for the lag, folks.

17 Likes

Whatever gets the job done, I guess.

11 Likes

I don’t know the details of aspirin or some of the other pre-1976 drugs, but the FDA takes the opportunity to require modernization of bench testing such as HEK-293 whenever the formulation, packaging, or manufacturing line/location changes. So odds are very good that any currently marketed drugs, even old ones, have had to go through that testing.

11 Likes
33 Likes

No… really?

20 Likes