Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

The end is getting closer to sight

18 Likes

Fits with what I am hearing. Planning for first part of November, maybe, but we shall see,

14 Likes
9 Likes

breaking-bad-gus-doo-it

8 Likes

Sad Day Reaction GIF by Hollyoaks

12 Likes

8 Likes

…and that’s one of the main reasons why a film crew strike is likely to happen.

17 Likes
7 Likes

For kids who turn 12 in early November, have you seen any guidance yet from Pfizer or the CDC/FDA/NIH/AAP/whoever provides that sort of info about whether they should get the adult or pediatric dose?

6 Likes
9 Likes

These idiots

11 Likes

Barring something changing (always possible) it will be a simple, hard line at 12. 11 years 364 days, you get the pediatric dose, 12 years 0 days, you get the adult dose. It does not really make sense, but we do this a lot. (If you get your MMR at 11 months 27 days, it does not count. If you get it at 12 months, 0 days it does, for example.) I am convinced it is largely around bookkeeping, so there is as little gray zone as possible. But is is SOP, and I suspect it will be that way here as well.

17 Likes
14 Likes

In a related medical situation, I was one month shy of a major birthday at the birth of one of my kids and so when the nurse asked me my age I joked that I was basically already that higher age, but she shut me down right quick: if she put that on my chart, there were a whole lot of extra medical interventions that would be instituted, and I would have a lot less leeway in making choices if anything seemed to be amiss. It was one month, but as you say, having no gray area is important so that everyone knows what the protocol is without confusion.

14 Likes
13 Likes

Something to lighten the mood a bit:

12 Likes

Ugh… classic “how to deceive with graphics”, making the “zero” line not zero. Ontario :canada: does the same thing: the base of the daily plot on the official site is currently at 400 cases. :frowning:

10 Likes

it’d be interesting to also see that broken down by eligibility.

i couldn’t find anything that counted the number of people 12 and under. but found one for age 14. in us 18% of the population is under that age, and in japan 12%, so we might still be ahead of them…

but not by much, and not for long i’m sure.

4 Likes

Had my third (booster) jab today.

18 Likes

A thread about the clinical progression of a covid patient in the ICU (harrowing):

19 Likes