Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

The CDC advisory committee review of the vaccine data for 5-11 year olds is live right now and can be watched here:

They just presented the following slides in an epidemiological discussion that I found interesting:

7 Likes

Alabama police chief dead of COVID regretted not getting vaccine: ‘If I get better, I’ll take all three’

19 Likes

I am completely out of sympathy for these fucks.

11 Likes

from a preprint based on a study of about 300 tests. but still, oh dear…

( apparently they think it moves from people to deer and deer to deer, but not back to people again. yet, i guess )

16 Likes
13 Likes

It’s official. CDC authorized and recommends Biontech/Pfizer vaccine for kids aged 5 through 11.
We have an appointment Tuesday.

24 Likes

Kiddo turns 12 this week, so I made her an appointment on Saturday for her first Pfizer jab. Weirdest birthday present ever…

22 Likes

Mine made me promise I would get her vaccinated as soon as possible. Like- she wanted me to watch the news and get an appointment the minute we heard they were approved. Which I was doing anyway, but seems a bit weird for a 5 year old. Then again, she knows exactly whom she’ll be able to visit once fully vaxxed. Hasn’t seen her vax-refuser grandparents in a year.

23 Likes

Im alittle disappointed at the lack of hard numbers in this story.

13 Likes

NFL quarterback Aaron Rodgers tested positive for covid today despite being “immunized” by an “alternative medicine” that is not a “vaccine” and this is the “smart” QB who guest-hosted Jeopardy.

18 Likes

That is so sad, but also kudos to you for sticking with safety and public health. I’m sure it hasn’t been easy.
The fact that the grandparents would make that choice, knowing this consequence, would make it hard to be around them ever.

18 Likes

Yeah. They’ve tried buying her lots of stuff. I’ve minimized my own outrage and explained things very factually and that they get to make this choice. But she still said to me “why doesn’t my Nana love me enough to get her vaccine so she can see me?” She understands they didn’t choose her.
Broke my heart. But their loss, really. We’ve reached out to some older (rational) folks and asked them to be part of her life too. Like her godparents’ parents.

21 Likes

Could just fit as well in the GOP asshats thread. *sigh*

14 Likes
11 Likes
7 Likes
18 Likes
16 Likes
15 Likes

Wow, that’s harsh. I do understand the thought, but damn, “we are going to hold your family responsible for your idiocy” is a hard one for me. Better to just invite these folks to find other gainful employment. I hear FL is paying bonuses for assholes like this!

11 Likes

How Covid attacks the brain may explain long-lasting symptoms

18 Likes