Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

Or if they start using constellations, because if you go alphabetically the very first one is Andromeda.

15 Likes

“I’m not coming in today, I think I’ve got a case of Scutum.”

7 Likes

Would that mean they’d have to skip over Cancer?

3 Likes

Take a look at this map and you tell me:

Something is causing the Northern states to have much higher community spread than the South lately, and it’s certainly not because the South has a higher vaccination rate or is better about masking. Cold weather (causing people to gather indoors more) is the most plausible explanation that I’ve heard so far but if you’ve got a better theory I’d be interested to hear it.

10 Likes
13 Likes

that headline:

“Do you need to wear a mask indoors where you live?”

dear npr, let me simplify:

yes

21 Likes

Hell, at this point “a mask” jumps out at me. I’ve been wearing two since the Delta variant advice this summer. Who knows how many will be strapped to my face by this time next year… :grimacing:
:mask: :mask: :mask:

15 Likes

Cruz is still going on about that liar who called some CDC study gain-of-function research when it even the most rudimentary knowledge makes it clear that it isn’t?

2 Likes

Where I live? Hygienically, morally and legally.

3 Likes

The Emmy Awards Singing GIF by Emmys

6 Likes

Sanchez also said he has blood clots in both of his legs.

Sanchez said Saturday that it was his 27th day with the coronavirus, and that he was still in the hospital. He also shared an X-ray of his lungs on Instagram, saying his oxygen levels were significantly low.

Though he’s clearly dealing with a severe case of symptoms, Sanchez said he is still unvaccinated. He said that he isn’t “sold on the vax” yet, and that he’s “waiting for the best one to arrive.”

14 Likes

(Screaming internally) Jesus F. Christ.

18 Likes

Meanwhile, he probably injected tons of whatever steroids the guys in the gym were selling.

12 Likes

So, I take it he’s not a fan of cake.

6 Likes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59448376

Belenenses’ Portuguese top-flight match against Benfica was abandoned early in the second half because the home side had only six players on the pitch - having been forced to start the game with nine men, including a goalkeeper as an outfield player.

A Covid outbreak had left Belenenses with 17 players unavailable and their nine men were already 7-0 down at half-time.

And, after a delayed break, the team third from bottom emerged with just seven players due to injuries before a further injury immediately after the restart left them with only six - resulting in an immediate abandonment.

Benfica president Rui Costa said his side were “forced” to play, adding the two bodies who could have postponed the game, the league and the Directorate-General for Health, did not do so.

10 Likes

Is this an Eddie Izzard joke :confused:

7 Likes

eddie GIF

12 Likes

Um… because the US has not been taking this thing seriously since the late Spring of 2020? Have you not been paying attention, Daily Beast?

22 Likes
10 Likes

“ AUSTIN (Nexstar) — A new study by Texas researchers found that antibodies levels are higher in women and younger people than those in men after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.”

12 Likes