Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

3 Likes
6 Likes
9 Likes

I mean come on. Uganda has this under control and they won’t be spreading covid to other countr…

Never mind.

12 Likes
7 Likes
11 Likes

25 Likes
4 Likes

There were 60,000 fans packed into a stadium in Hungary for a football game a few days ago. But that’s OK, since over half had had vaccines (mainly sinovac and sputnik). /s

5 Likes

Got our second shots yesterday. Later in the evening both of us felt very warm, almost feverish.

Perhaps I should have turned the AC back on after we recorded voiceover earlier in the day.

12 Likes

I’m hitting the needle tomorrow for the second time.

Was ill for the last three and a half weeks. First day I feel almost ok today. Just in time, I would say.

15 Likes

Trying to book my second shot continues to be a complete mess. The pharmacy chain where I got my first shot only has one location with any vaccine in the whole area to the north of Toronto. The York Region locations seem to be fully booked all the time. (As usual, they staged it by ages down to 65, and then flung it wide open. Generation Jones screwed again.)

Thank god mom’s original locked-in second shot booking is only a week away now.

I guess it’s time to turn the watch for cancellation openings back over to a minion.

16 Likes

The U.S. Has a Higher Rate of Vaccine Opposition Than Any Country Tracked Besides Russia:

15 Likes

imfine

9 Likes

Birthdays linked to spread of Covid in areas with high transmission

Just forwarded that to the fambly, whose suggestion of a birthday party for a fambly member is a point of “discussion” at the moment…

We’ve countered with the suggestion of a picnic on a local hill… it will be a cool, windy day… rain is forecast… :thinking:

12 Likes
11 Likes
6 Likes
9 Likes

FTFY. Strongman leaders do not tolerate “voluntary” unless it is to agree with them. (See Il Douche)

10 Likes

It’s not generally fair game, I think, to hold a politician’s family against them, but if Ontario :canada:'s Doug Ford’s actions in this pandemic been informed and responsible, had he shown himself to be capable of managing the pandemic response competently, from a strong internal sense of ethics, perhaps I’d feel differently about this tidbit…

We will gracefully ignore the fact that the premier’s wife is a big fan of anti-lockdown newspaper columnists, and that at least one daughter may have played footsie with anti-mask, anti-vaccine sentiments in the past. We will glide right past that.

:man_facepalming:

This is the same guy who, apparently at the suggestion of a young constituent, promised 3 weeks ago that every school kid in Ontario could attend an “in person” graduation ceremony. School boards, in what is becoming the usual reaction to Ford’s leadership, said no…

11 Likes