Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

13 Likes
11 Likes

those under 60 still require some persuading to reach an 85% vaccination rate

cases are on the rise again […] Over the past 24 hours, the RKI has recorded 985 new infections. A week ago, the number was 808. However, 48 people have died in Germany in the past day, down from 56 deaths last week

Not giving a context to that last sentence is the kind of journalism which makes me SICK. This. Is. Expected. You. Asshats. Fuck you, and your sloppy reports.

7 Likes

Since Delta plus is in the news, and people are still struggling to leave behind the geographically inspired names:

11 Likes
11 Likes

For Fuck’s Sake

13 Likes

Looks at the local news blog ran by the pennysaver

Oh NY’s vaccination rate is doing quite well I wonder by well my county is doi…

Well, i’m certainly not surprised seeing how 70% of the county’s vote went to Trump.

7 Likes

Hmmm, this sounds awfully familiar, but had a bluer tone last time…

Delta variant slams Missouri as ICUs fill and ventilators run low | Ars Technica

ETA the obligatory “fair and balanced” take:

16 Likes
17 Likes

Best. Olympics. Ever

17 Likes

That’s not all. They are still debating whether or not to allow spectators. With two weeks to go, they still have not decided that.

10 Likes

Oh boy!

16 Likes
13 Likes
13 Likes
17 Likes

I should probably not have read that right before going into work…
Oh well.

13 Likes

30 Likes

California’s Capitol revives a mask rule after an outbreak infected four fully vaccinated people.

The California State Capitol in Sacramento has toughened its mask policy after finding nine recent cases of Covid-19 in the Assembly, including four cases in people who had been fully vaccinated, legislative officials said.

13 Likes

According to the JHU tracker, we passed four million deaths today.

11 Likes

Shiiiit. Worth noting that the vaccines are still phenomenally effective at preventing hospitalizations and deaths, but especially with the delta variant, ending the pandemic is just a bridge too far.

13 Likes