Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

17 Likes
6 Likes

Yikes- if that’s true, it would double the current death toll.

7 Likes
17 Likes

WTF???

How are we back to this moment in history?

24 Likes

28 Likes
27 Likes
12 Likes

28 Likes

No awareness of their own history? Or do not care. Fuuuuck.

19 Likes

As someone of Polish desent, those same exact thoughts ran through my mind.

12 Likes

Folks, here we go again. It is currently a pandemic of the unvaccinated, and that is horrible enough. But, repeating a theme, evolution doesn’t stop, and it is currently working out a way around our immunizations. Every new infection is more chances to experiment and roll those dice. Already it has found a way to set those depending on antibodies from previous infections back to zero, and decreased the protections offered by those of us already vaccinated. It is not done with us, not by a long shot.

(original source material for my comment on antibodies from previous infection)

Reduced sensitivity of SARS-CoV-2 variant Delta to antibody neutralization | Nature

25 Likes

I’m about 90 posts late to this, and I apologize for not being up to date. Maybe this was already covered, maybe not.

I disagree with your assessment “we must accept the number of dead as the norm.” Endemic means that, after the pandemic which started skrh everyone being immuno-naïve, we will at some point enter a state with a very large part of the population being seroconverted, and thus at least partially protected against a severe form of Covid-19.

This is going to happen. You are going to get vaccinated, or you will catch the virus in your lifetime. At one point, the virus is going to be endemic.

The question is: how many deaths are we going to accept, as a society, on the way?

Looking at the UK, which from some strange reason is acting as a fucking role model for at least neoloberals and conservatives in Europe, I am thinking yeah, you are right. They want to give up.

I will fight for the other way to reach an endemic situation. I think it is the only viable way. However, an this is not just semantics, “endemic” does not mean “give up” in itself. Coming out of the pandemic, getting to an endemic situation, can mean the opposite of giving up.

We can win this.

1 Like

Someone willing to write a paper with this person is definitely not going to hurt their reputation when a paper gets distracted.

They gain reputation in exactly the circles they are taken seriously.

FTR: especially southern Germany and germanophone Switzerland is a cesspit of this kind of shit. Anthroposophy is widely tolerated, often accepted, and sadly actively promoted by many academics.

ETA: scrolled down. @RickMycroft beat me to it.
Still, fits the bill with cases in Switzerland also on the rise again. Bet you a tenner Basel, Lörrach, Überlingen are involved somehow.

6 Likes

You know who else were “parapsychologists”?

These guys:

If Dr Walach has some ghostbusting abilities, I’d love to see them. Otherwise, he needs to STFU.

7 Likes

I have noticed a distressingly high number of my German and Swiss immigrant parents are antivax of a strangely “logical” (but impossible to discuss logically) sort. Sad to hear it is common over there also.

13 Likes

Who are the good boy and girl?

10 Likes
20 Likes

on the media ( wnyc ) had a show about this not too long ago.

it sounds like it’s deliberately rewriting their own history. a lot like conservatives have tried to do - especially texas - with the history of the us

15 Likes

Desperately tries to get his own base to stop killing themselves

12 Likes