Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

DeSantis tonight:

11 Likes

25 Likes
6 Likes

US Surgeon General doubles down on Facebook-bashing amid vaccination information blame game

US Surgeon General Dr Vivek Murthy publicly doubled down on criticism of Facebook for spreading vaccine misinformation, after The Social Networkℱ rejected his previous criticism and President Joe Biden’s assertion it is “killing people”.

_Things began to heat up between the Biden administration and Facebook last Thursday, when Murthy appeared in a White House press briefing to discuss stalled US vaccination rates.

[
]

6 Likes

Accurate criticism =/= “bashing”.

Thanks, MSM, for making his job harder.

14 Likes

I think that Facebook should be criticised and bashed.

16 Likes

No argument from me on that!

14 Likes
15 Likes
12 Likes

Despite there aren’t any studies that indicate the need of a third dose of the vaccine for the novel Coronavirus, the secretary of Health of the State of Sao Paulo stated that there will be annual vaccination of the population in his State. He said the Government will start the annual coronavirus vaccination cycle from January 17, 2022, just like the H1N1 flu virus.

6 Likes

10 Likes
13 Likes

article link: How Covid-19 Has Upended Life in Undervaccinated Arkansas - The New York Times

12 Likes

Which doesn’t cover all of the population, and failed by far to reach its goal, vaccinate 90 % of the target population, reaching only ~50 %.
Considering the budget cuts and limits supported by the state government party (PSDB), i don’t expect much success on that.

ETA: i’m sorry if it sounded like a personal attack or like i was complaining that you posted that article.
I just wanted to point out their hypocrisy, and give a bit more of context on a party that did only the barely minimum, maybe not even that, (and that cannot even sustain that without an exception situation and extra money allotted to fight it) but looked like an extraordinary performance due the very low baseline from the bolsonaro’s government.

7 Likes

As professional organizations go, the AAP is pretty alright most of the time.

10 Likes

Well fuck

“Let the bodies pile high.” No, most kids who catch covid don’t die, but pretending we do not know about long covid effects is bullshit.

23 Likes

Tudo bem, sem problemas.

Unfortunately the collective health affairs seems to be treated Just as a political tool here.

5 Likes

TV network finally realizes that getting sued and killing off their own viewers is bad for business

18 Likes
12 Likes

Officials in Tokyo and USOPC couldn’t be bothered to let her bring her mom to help navigate the village at the Olympics

17 Likes