Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

11 Likes

It would be a crime against humanity if they don’t!

15 Likes
14 Likes

Shock! /s

13 Likes

You are right. This behavior will only worsen the situation here. The statistics show that the cases and the deaths are slowly falling, according to the experts, due to the vaccination campaign. But the refusal in taking determined brands of vaccines could boost the circulation of new variants. The other problem is the lack of doses. Some people are saying that the authorities are preferring to pay attention to the first dose, in order to rush the campaigns.

7 Likes
11 Likes
10 Likes

Interesting, but what the author of this doesn’t get about the media’s spreading disinformation is one of the examples cited - in particular coverage of Black people - is still happening. So, if that hasn’t been resolved, given how long it’s been a problem, I’m not holding my breath that medical or virus disinformation will be going away anytime soon, either.

16 Likes

So true, sadly. Disinformation is baked into our system.

12 Likes

It looks as if the White House is getting a bit more proactive.

12 Likes

Not much new in this article, but this is a useful reminder:

What about long COVID-19?

While the risk of getting sick if you’re vaccinated is very low, if you do get a symptomatic case, it’s likely still possible to end up with long-haul COVID-19 symptoms, according to virologist Angela Rasmussen who works with the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization at the University of Saskatchewan in Canada. She notes the data is still quite limited though.

“Even if you don’t end up in the hospital, there’s certainly a possibility that you could end up with long COVID,” she says. “So, the safest thing to do is to avoid being infected altogether.”

14 Likes
9 Likes

I wonder. The Koch-linked “libertarian” “think-tank” network has been promoting wrong directions every step of the way, and they’re the people who manufactured bad science for the tobacco and oil companies.

7 Likes
11 Likes
15 Likes

This is my shocked face.

18 Likes

36 Likes

How do you say ‘super spreader event’ in french?

16 Likes
6 Likes

The second chart in this FT article is a pretty telling argument for vaccination. Note that the scale is Jul 1 2020 to July 14 2021 (the chart legend leaves off the years). I think the shaded regions start April 1.

Crap, won’t onebox, so here’s the chart:

7 Likes