Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

I think she could use some comrades.

angry betty boop GIF

14 Likes

Is that real? Honestly. I don’t know any more, this seems so far off my reality…

2 Likes
9 Likes

Too many houseboat parties? Including Graham, so far this is 4% of the Senate that’s currently known to have breakthrough infections.

10 Likes

It’s a real organization with a Florida chapter:

https://www.power2parent.org/floridaparentunion.html

From their national Facebook page:

5 Likes

So if that photo is showing the Florida chapter then I’m just really confused. Almost all of them are wearing masks, even though they’re outdoors. That’s not even a requirement at Disney World currently.

5 Likes

The picture is from their national Facebook page. They’re headquartered in Nevada, although it’s not clear to me where (or when) the picture was taken.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/power2parentunion/discussion/preview

3 Likes

Suzanne Busdiecker attended the meeting and witnessed the incident, she said. A friend was giving a speech in support of a school mask mandate about how she had lost a loved one to COVID-19. The friend had already been heckled through her emotional speech. When Busdiecker and the friend turned to leave the podium, they saw the gesture from a man standing in the audience.

“And there was this man that raised his hand in the heil Hitler sign, and I just kind of froze,” she said. “I’m Jewish. I don’t take that lightly.”

In the first several minutes of the meeting, when Roberson announced the decision to require masks, several in the audience booed loudly. Multiple times, board members had to chastise audience members loudly interjecting through the meeting.

14 Likes

What a cluster.

21 Likes

Numerology.

4 Likes

No Way Wow GIF

20 Likes
29 Likes
12 Likes

Great op ed by a doc that every “vaccine hesitant” person should be forced to read.

23 Likes
14 Likes

I feel every word she spoke in my soul. It gets harder and harder to not scream in covidiots faces “get the vaccine, you fucking idiot!” Empathy fatigue is very real.

22 Likes
17 Likes

Do we still have to give these people precious ICU beds?

2 Likes

They kind of buried the lede in that the poll seems to confirm what many of us suspected which is that people in masks are more likely to be vaccinated than not and vice versa.

5 Likes

No shit. They’re bad at risk assessment and irresponsible by definition. How could they ever hold themselves accountable for their mistakes?

13 Likes