Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

More from the grim schadenfreude files:

Covid deniers, anti-maskers, and vaccine refuseniks. Walsh was communications director for the horrible U.S. Rep. Vicky Hartzler.

17 Likes

But they donā€™t want to take the vaccine because itā€™s eĢ“Ģ‚ĢŒĶšĢ¹xĢ¶Ģ‚Ģ„ĶšpĢµĢ„Ģ“Ģ—Ģ¬eĢ“Ģ‰Ģ™rĢ“Ķ‘Ģ‹Ķ‰iĢøĶ—Ģ¬mĢµĢ“Ģ²eĢøĶ€ĢæĢ¤nĢ¶Ģ“Ģ°tĢ¶ĢĢØĢ¹aĢµĶ›ĢˆĶ–Ģ®lĢµĢŽĢ­Ģ¼.

20 Likes
15 Likes

Donā€™t fly or connect at MYR:

13 Likes

Cobb County is in a weird place, as theyā€™ve traditionally been a conservative stronghold, but is now leaning blueā€¦ still, lots of leadership positions are still held by the old guardā€¦ it was like that where I live until recently.

5 Likes

From a form letter to PUA recipients by the California Employment Development Department:

Self-Employment and Employment Documentation

Due to new federal rules affecting your PUA claim, you are required to provide documentation that shows that you were, or planned to be, self-employed or employed at some point during the calendar year before the beginning of your PUA claim. If you have not already provided documentation, we will notify you when it is time to complete this requirement.

Important: You are required to provide this documentation even if you have returned to work and are no longer seeking PUA benefits.

If you do not submit documentation that shows you were employed, self-employed, or planning to be employed or self-employed, you may be disqualified from receiving PUA benefits and be required to repay the benefits you received on your PUA claim

So, like buskers who received benefits during the last 18 months because they filed taxes, how is this supposed to work? Do they file a letter they got from a future donor?
ā€œDear Busker, please let this email inform you of my intention to place a dollar in your guitar case at the corner of xxx and xxx streets, on such and such a dateā€¦ā€

11 Likes

Local update here:
Augusta County schools started last week, Harrisonburg City started this week, Rockingham County starts next week
We are currently seeing about 30% positivity rate in my office (all peds, obviously.)
This is gonna suck a lot.

23 Likes

Fucking assholes continue to fucking asshole:

15 Likes
17 Likes

:thinking:
I sea wye she is prolly loosing her mined 'cos the kidz knead moor skool, butt its two soon, Karen!

16 Likes

Yahoo reprint

12 Likes

GIF by Chelsea Handler

13 Likes

:man_facepalming:

That is all

8 Likes

Hereā€™s some fact-checking for them:

21 Likes

Alabama doctors also said theyā€™re seeing more young patients hospitalized with COVID-19 than beforeā€”and more of them are dying. Doctors attribute this to the hypertransmissible and potentially more dangerous delta coronavirus variant. The stateā€™s number of pediatric COVID-19 patients currently hospitalized is higher than it has ever been in the pandemic, a record being set right before the start of a new school year.

In a state where the very act of trying to suppress the spread of this disease may be a criminal offense. They will wind up with kids either being shipped all over the country for care, or sending them home to die. I just canā€™t even begin to understand the mindset at work here.

25 Likes
13 Likes

Abbot lost Schools in Texas can now mandate masks. The TX Supreme Court refused to hear Abbot/Paxton petition to force the schools that instituted mask mandates to stop. I am so pleased. The TEA will not be enforcing the governorā€™s ban on mask mandates ā€œfor now.ā€ This makes me hopeful for vaccine mandates.

26 Likes

If North Texas starts running out of ICU beds, doctors may have to consider coronavirus vaccination status as a factor in who gets priority careā€”a situation health officials hope to avoid but worry is becoming increasingly likelyā€”with the vaccinated potentially being prioritized for treatment on the assumption that theyā€™re more likely to survive.

25 Likes

Another day, another GQP antivaxxer fails to find out, even on his ICU bed.

18 Likes

New COVID-19 Cases and Hospitalizations Among Adults, by Vaccination Status ā€” New York, May 3ā€“July 25, 2021 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

A total of 1,271 new COVID-19 hospitalizations (0.17 per 100,000 person-days) occurred among fully vaccinated adults, compared with 7,308 (2.03 per 100,000 person-days) among unvaccinated adults

Unvaxxed face a risk of illness severe enough to require hospitalization that is 13x that of vaccinated individuals

But why let facts get in the way?

Edit: Vox did a pretty good analysis and explainer of this and other updates on vaccine efficacy:

17 Likes