Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 3)

His remarks came after Gov. DeSantis unveiled a new monoclonal antibody treatment facility at Westgate Park in West Palm Beach.

17 Likes
23 Likes

Last autumn, I had the displeasure of talking to a man in an electric wheelchair. Started innocuous enough, but indefinitely should had left at “I am no racist, but.”

Short version: blamed the surge in cases on immigrants, which I countered with the facts. Walked away when he, his wife and his daughter started blabbering at me asking that I would have to "show them’ where the (at this time) 80k deaths were.

I am a bad person, but fuck them. Tonight, I hope that in between at least one of them died. Racists will be our downfall, as humanity. Fuck them all. They will kill us all. If not now, then in the not-so-far future. When the floods come (back).

12 Likes

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/ap-urges-desantis-end-harassing-tweets-aimed-reporter-79564579?cid=clicksource_4380645_1_heads_hero_live_headlines_hed

Pushaw said she did not mean her “drag them” comment to be taken as a threat, and she deleted it because she realized not everyone would know what it means.

This gets Trumpier by the day. How is this asshole not already buying golden toilets?

13 Likes

God forbid they set it in Live Oak or Steinhatchee…

8 Likes

Are most of them symptomatic or just taking the test because they were exposed to it?

7 Likes

The ones we are seeing are mostly symptomatic who come in because the school requires them to. I am certain there are lots of asymptomatic spreaders out there as well.

20 Likes

Thanks for the information.

2 Likes

There’s a bit of shock on Twitter, where people haven’t considered what really happens after the ICU situation goes over the limits, and the horrible triage required as they’re scrambling to save anyone.

Vaccinated people have a far better chance of survival, and will occupy that bed for much less time, meaning that they then get a chance to save someone else as well.

The Coldest Equations.

22 Likes

This is very low! 37C(=98.6F) is considered the normal target in the US, and I don’t think a doctor here would be very concerned at anything much below 39.

3 Likes
11 Likes

I feel for any kid about to start their school year in this environment. Especially the ones who are too young to be vaccinated or who have antivax parents.

15 Likes

The immigrant argument (which I’ve also heard) makes no logical sense at all. There are virulent, virus-bearing immigrants giving us all COVID, so we will … not wear masks or get vaccinated so that the virulent, virus-bearing immigrants can infect us more easily?

15 Likes

Also people coming from less infected areas to more infected areas are hardly likely to be increasing the infection rate.

7 Likes

One less selfish asshole to worry about continuing to spread the infection.

Sympathy for all his victims.

10 Likes

Not just red states, red areas of blue states are also getting clobbered.

19 Likes
18 Likes

Yeah, because that’s how contagion left unchecked works.

(Yes, I know you know, all too well.)

16 Likes

Super spreader NRA event, less gun fetish to deal with as a result perhaps?

10 Likes

So, what’s the next excuse?

24 Likes