Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

It’s nearly official. There’s probably a legit question of whether any border measures are just pissing into the wind at this point.

14 Likes
18 Likes

I’m sure this is especially tough on indie bands.

16 Likes

I came across this article through a tweet by a musician who just had to cancel a week of shows because too many people on her tour got covid.

16 Likes

It’s super-frustrating, how so many people are acting like this thing is over and how some are paying the price for that.

18 Likes

Word. And ALL the “I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!” gifs. :mask:

13 Likes
23 Likes

Doing art full-time as a recession looms is going to be challenging, thanks in part to pandemic fallout. :angry:

16 Likes

They had a Covid spike after Glastonbury.

They had a Covid spike after Wimbledon.

Now they’re seeing a spike after the royal funeral, and they seem bewildered and surprised that masses of people close together for long periods of time during an infectious disease crisis could lead to an uptick of illnesses. :person_shrugging:

18 Likes

Get your flu shots, people!!

21 Likes

Thy’re actually vaccinating the children in my child’s class for the flu, thy sent us a thing for permission, and I was like:

Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Now just have to find out where to get those for ourselves.

18 Likes

Sunday!

15 Likes

We’re all scheduled for a week from now. Plus the new COVID booster for the adults.
Not looking forward to the illness spikes this fall

ETA: not sure where you are, @nick_warr, but pharmacies here in Texas all have stocks available now

14 Likes

Heya, UK, they’ve been available for average folks for about 4 days here, just need to find someplace close…

13 Likes

Mine is on Tuesday, Sarf Lunnon.

9 Likes

Health experts said it is too early to predict whether demand would match up with the 171 million doses of the new booster that the U.S. ordered for the fall,

They are expecting more demand in October. :crossed_fingers:t4: Still…

On Thursday, Anthony Fauci, the president’s chief medical advisor, said that half of vaccinated Americans have not yet had their first booster dose. “We have a vulnerability in our population that will continue to have us in a mode of potential disruption of our social order,” Fauci said. “I think that we have to do better as a nation.”

Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

17 Likes

Some highlights from an interesting thread from Twitter…

23 Likes

A few days ago at the pharmacy the cashier made a point of pretending she couldn’t hear my wife, everyone else in the store could hear.

If you don’t want to wear a mask don’t but don’t act like us wearing a mask affects you in any way whatsoever other than to maybe keep you safe if I’m infected with anything and don’t know it yet.

9 Likes

I got my booster this morning. It was surprisingly crowded at the clinic compared to previous visits.

I can tell you with my hearing loss and tinnitus, I only hear half of what people say to me under the best of circumstances. When I have to deal with someone wearing a mask, and I lose the crutch of lip reading, it’s a million times worse.

5 Likes

Flu shot :white_check_mark: (at the pediatrician with Kiddo)

Covid boosters for us both scheduled Saturday morning

9 Likes