Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

I’ve met people who swear by God that the Kit COVID saved their lives.

It doesn’t matter what you say, they will never believer you.

7 Likes
10 Likes
8 Likes

Don’t know, but I’ve got a feeling her version of it will be squinting her eyes and looking real hard at whatever nonsense she just wrote - then going “Yep, that’s not dumb at all” before hitting send or saying it out loud infront of a camera.

2 Likes

Fyi- new round of free tests available for USA

And the page to check expiration for older tests. A lot of the expiration dates were extended once more was understood
https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

Edit to note USA only

13 Likes
9 Likes

don’t you mean pier review?

marge simpson swimming GIF

5 Likes

But but it doesn’t prevent infection.

10 Likes

Well, I think I don’t need COVID. So I got the booster. And the flu shot.

18 Likes

The last couple years brings us to this.

12 Likes

It’s even worse than it appears, because these folks tend to clump, leading to areas with pitifully low vaccination rates even in communities with decent rates. This makes for a whole lot of dry tinder if that disease gets into said community. The OH measles outbreak and the NY polio issue are both examples of this.

22 Likes
11 Likes

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

11 Likes

The wife went to the grocery store for her every few weeks inside shopping trip, she said more masks than ever. She said even our local Dollar Store had more mask than she’s seen in a while including the employees.

People are getting nervous and paying attention so maybe just maybe our community can avoid a horrible very bad Christmas.

11 Likes

We’re having the opposite experience in Ontario :canada:. I was out quickly last night and saw not a single mask. Part of the problem may be a general loss of credibility by our Provincial government. ICU and death rates remain fairly steady, hospitals are slammed…

10 Likes
10 Likes
15 Likes

I can’t post the article because subscription but this headline annoys me.

I get these businesses need to make money but trying so hard to pack theaters for a 3 hour movie in the middle of all this respiratory illness does not seem good for the community.

11 Likes

Indeed, especially considering that they undoubtedly won’t require that patrons wear masks.

Ugh, no thanks.

12 Likes
15 Likes