Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

is she reinventing the scientific method one step at a time :confused: wonder when she’ll get to “peer review”

10 Likes

How many people got covid and then immediately after started making out with everyone they knew? My guess would be not many, but these are people who talk to MT Greene. :grimacing:

13 Likes

As I recall, that was Trump’s (or DeSantis’) Covid plan. French kiss as many strangers as you can.

7 Likes

Kathy, I’m concerned at how quickly you’re cycling through prisoners of war. There are only so many of them. Pace yourself.

17 Likes
11 Likes
18 Likes

…public health experts anticipate the Biden administration will wind down the ongoing COVID-19 public health emergency in the coming months. This could drastically impact the agency’s ability to respond to the virus.

After the public health emergency ends, the CDC can continue to ask for state data on surveillance, testing, hospitalizations and deaths for a period of time after the emergency — but it does not have the authority to do that forever. Instead, [CDC Director Rochelle] Walensky said, it will need congressional approval to collect that data.

She predicted the agency may not be able to report out COVID-19 community levels in a year.

14 Likes
18 Likes
11 Likes

Some learn and benefit from science. Some refuse and die. Same as it ever was…

19 Likes

21 posts were split to a new topic: Say there Dr., are you a Mr.? Maybe a Ms.?

And some weaponize antiscience sentiments to boost thier political career to the detriment of every one

ETA: I realize the headline is confusing. Here is one with a bit more info

15 Likes
11 Likes

The study method:

The NCHS team looked for several key terms including “long COVID,” “long haul COVID,” “chronic COVID” and “post COVID syndrome.”

while understandable, means that this unavoidably undercounts the actual total, probably quite dramatically. Long Covid will change the practice of medicine for decades to come.

16 Likes

I find Heather Mallick always worth the time.

Having long COVID is like walking underwater. You get there eventually. But after a while you get canny and stop trying. Your husband brings you ginger tea and salted chocolate. You watch the World Cup, unseeing. Fronds of news, Ukraine, femicide, Belgian radio stations, Prince Harry, guns, assisted death, wave gently in your watery head.

9 Likes

Big Pharma’s always gonna Big Pharma eventually, I guess.

15 Likes

NIH article on long COVID autopsies and how the virus can be found in every organ. This was a preprint but now fully peer-reviewed and published in Nature:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-022-05542-y

12 Likes
5 Likes
15 Likes

No Way Reaction GIF by Laff

16 Likes