Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

The government of Japan is planning to stop offering free vaccines for those who have not yet completed their first two doses by the end of this year, though vaccines will still be free for the third and fourth doses.

80% of the population has already had two shots, and a good 40% has had four shots (I’m getting my fourth on Christmas Eve), so this is not likely to affect anyone who was planning to get vaccinated but just hasn’t gotten around to it.

9 Likes
10 Likes
15 Likes
13 Likes
14 Likes

This is why I mix among strangers as little as possible these days. Not just Long Covid, but the dangerous imbeciles filling the replies. (And the streets.)

11 Likes

I know there are a million and one reasons why it would be a bad idea, but at moments like this, there’s a vicious part of me that wishes we could take into custody every child of every anti-vaxxer parent. They are a danger to their children, just as much (if not as obviously) as if they beat their kids.

10 Likes

At least there’s this but it would be better if more people got the flu shot.

10 Likes

This is in my neck of the woods.

From the article, um, it’s usually not normal to fill up hospitals and close entire school districts in December.

It’s definitely December in Michigan. Please get some rest this weekend and stay safe.

I am not looking forward to working set up at a huge trade show the second week in January. The only plus is it’s in a huge 500,000 - 750,000 (depending how big the show is this year) square foot indoor space with 30 foot ceilings and we can avoid close contact but it is right after the holidays so I can only image the illness going around in that convention center.

9 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/zh1d7b/vaccine_police_spotted_in_florida/

8 Likes

I visited his website, he’s really concerned about testosterone, hawks a lot of snake oil, and teaches people to disrupt school meetings.

He’s upset he was fired for it and has a form letter you can send your boss before you get fired, it starts out…

My name is ____________ and I work with VP News - that’s Vaccine Police News - and my number is 205-936-9803. I am writing because I have been made aware that you are Not honoring the First Amendment Religious exemption for your employees, management/leadership, independent contractors, visitors and anyone else on your property – and also because I would like to find out why you think that you’re the new demi-god who can
violate God’s Law, and the Constitution of the United States with impunity and no
consequences.

7 Likes
12 Likes

Good. People who refuse to be vaccinated even though they have no contraindications should be shunned.

17 Likes

I remember hearing about that guy somewhere…

14 Likes

Good. He has no right to put others at risk for whatever invented bullshit he chooses to spout.

19 Likes

Personal choices mean personal consequences.

For the producers, though, it’s probably nothing personal.

12 Likes

My POW requires vaccination, as did my last one. Both of course had reasonable exceptions; but you had to follow additional precautions to protect your coworkers and the public.

He’s not special because he’s an actor. And just like anyone else; potential employers will consider if they want to put their other employees at risk. Especially in a job where part of it can be physically contacting others and kissing them.

Zero sympathy for whiny dude.

17 Likes

Dr. Marge is just wondering.

I did a quick Google, even if EBV is at play, without covid long covid, no matter what the cause, doesn’t happen.

5 Likes

She’s an idiot, so…

15 Likes

All those people with mono and not one got tested for mono

She sure knows a lot of idiots. :wink:

16 Likes