Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

18 Likes

Theyā€™ll just say that he didnā€™t take enough ivermectin.

14 Likes

Iā€™m on my eight day of testing continuously positive, I had my second booster in August and I am not in a high-risk group. Scrolling through some of the last dayā€™s posts, I think of all the people the likes of Kelly and Lemoi actually, really, physically hurt. And I am filled with a sense of dread, because, dear folks: this is not the last pandemic in my lifetime. I am not a medical professional, but as a biologist with a bit of statistical training under my beltā€¦ wellā€¦

Star Wars GIF

return of the jedi episode 6 GIF by Star Wars

revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

episode 2 ive got a bad feeling about this GIF by Star Wars

the last jedi GIF by Star Wars

17 Likes

As Cassandraā€™s go, that one is a pretty easy call.

14 Likes

True.

Troy could still be standing. If they had listened to the woman.

And donā€™t anyone give me that ā€œthe gods prevented itā€ crap. It is decisions, not any supernatural beings which shape our fate.

9 Likes

In 13, the beast is rising
The Frenchman did surmise
Through earthquakes and starvation
The warlord will arise
Terror, death, destruction
Pour from the eastern sands
But the truth of all predictions
Is always in your hands

Iron Maiden, always good for your philosophical references.

9 Likes

ā€œMost respondents with long COVID reported that their cognitive and perceptual abilities had decreased since they had COVID, which was not surprising, but what was really fascinating was how many respondents reported deficits,ā€ says Kieseler.

ā€œIt was not just a small concentration of really impaired cases but a broad majority of people in the long COVID group reported noticeable difficulties doing things that they were able to do before contracting COVID-19 without any problems.ā€

ā€œOne of the challenges that many respondents reported was a difficulty with visualizing family and friends, which is something that we often hear from prosopagnosics,ā€ says Duchaine, who is the co-founder of faceblind.org.

12 Likes

I usually go with noses and voices. I donā€™t have it too bad but as a child I often wondered where people disappeared toā€¦ I think they had hair cut.

12 Likes

I wonder if the number of neurological issues or symptoms associated with COVID is increasing, or if we are just seeing more reports now? :thinking: This mentions cases started showing up three years ago:

14 Likes

This makes sense. The article points out that other viruses can affect hearing. The specific one Iā€™m thinking about is mumps. I had a boyfriend in college who was mostly deaf in one ear due to an pre-adolescent case. He should have worn a hearing aid, but did not because vanity.

15 Likes

Ah, ā€œformer.ā€ Sounds like you did well.

You Got It Wink GIF by CBS

9 Likes

Mrs Maisel GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

10 Likes

Famous person throws a fit about an self inflicted problem

Tilda Swinton Says She Refuses To Wear A Mask Or Adhere To COVID Rules On Set Of New Film, Also Admits That She Has Caught The Disease Multiple Times And Is Still Struggling With Long COVID Symptoms, Including The Ability To Remember Her Lines

15 Likes

It did affect her cognitive abilities.

Typhoid Tilda.

14 Likes

I cannot take joy in her suffering, but I cannot find it in me to feel terribly bad either. FAFO comes to mind, mostly.

17 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-03-14/covid-killed-black-children-three-times-more-often-than-white-children

Covid Death Rate Among Black Children Nearly Three Times Higher Than White Kids

• Pandemic racial disparities extended to children, study finds

• Black and Latino children had higher rates of severe cases

16 Likes

Dang. If thatā€™s true, so much for thinking sheā€™s like, the cool honorary sister of David Bowie or whatever. :confused:

9 Likes

reese witherspoon ugh GIF

9 Likes

Story on Brett ā€œthis asshole againā€ Stephens, on his journalistic incompetence that likely killed people, while still being bizarrely employed at the paper of record.

9 Likes

Everything is woke nowadays, Iā€™d like to find the person that started the whole woke thing and give them a good talking to.

5 Likes